Monday, June 14, 2010

I have no clue...

...what to title this post and all clever possibilities have left me. :) So, here you go...a post of totally random stuff.

My 31st b-day was a few weeks ago and Mike usually gets me some kind of sentimental, lovey card...but not this year. This year I got the lovely, poetic card below...and I liked it. :)
I think she's cute...and when I turned my back for ONE second, while we were playing on the deck, I found her standing in the pool...next came sitting (while still fully clothed)...awesome! :)

My little tie-dyed, bubble blower. He made this t-shirt at VBS. I thought it turned out pretty cute!
She LOVES the swing and I love containing her (from..you know...sitting in the pool fully clothed)...even if only for awhile. :)
Silly face and sticky outie ears...what a combo!
Funny Nattie story....she has just, in the last few weeks, started actually trying to say real words (other than da-da). I am always telling her she's a good girl and she's now repeating me with her version..."goo gurr." The song "Free Fallin" by Tom Petty came on in the car the other day and you know the words..."she's a good girl...loves her mama...."....well, Mike and I both started laughing because, from the backseat we hear Nattie in her funny little voice saying, over and over, "goo gurr...goo gurr." :)
Here's another one of Benny and his forced, albeit cute, smile. Oh..and in Benny news he has really impressed me lately with sounding out words and writing them...totally unprompted from us! We were at a restaurant this weekend and he was coloring a picture of a house. He handed me his paper and he had written the words close and open on either side of the front door. He spelled open perfectly and had written C-L-O-S for close. I really couldn't believe it. I guess this means he can probably read more than I realized too. :) Today he wrote play (P-L-A), eat (ET), frog (spelled it correctly on his own!), and toad (T-O-D). When we were talking about what he had written and I told him that eat had an A in it...he was laughing because he realized he actually spelled E-T (from the E-T/Extra Terrestrial movie) and so he wanted to spell Elliot too (little boy from the movie...yes...he's seen it and loves it!). I let him have at it and he ended up with L-E-I-T...which made me smile!
Finally, this picture is not for those with weak stomachs. We were headed home from somewhere the other night and, apparently, Nattie wasn't feeling well. She puked all over her carseat...poor baby! When I turned around to ask her if she was ok she flashed me her silly smile. I guess she felt better. (Pardon the chunks!)

10 comments:

the deKorne family said...

Ok, I can't believe you posted puke on your blog. You crack me up. That's AMAZING about Ben! What a little smartie he is!! Such cuties...and it doesn't surprise me that she was in the pool a bit, she's an active little cutie! love all of you!

Katie said...

ONLY YOU would post that puke picture and it made me laugh out loud!!! She is too cute and I love the Tom Petty story! I now also have the song in my head. Ben is adorable in his tie dye shirt and how impressive that he is sounding out words!

Dave, Ninny and Isla said...

Happy Birthday! Even though it was a little gross, Natalie still looks cute covered in puke. Your little darlins are adorable and so are you.

Mom said...

Oh my gosh, I can't even believe you took a picture of that puke thing, let alone put it on the blog. You are crazy and someday Natalie will be thrilled with that one! I am quite impressed with L-E-I-T though. I bet he could read several of his books!

The Sommermeyers said...

Cute stories!! I love that Ben is trying to spell and his logic is actually really good. I mean, English has so many wierd rules (O + A makes a long O sound??) Anyway, can't wait until you're posting pics of your THIRD as well!

Abby said...

On behalf of the people who don't have weak stomachs, I would just like that say we didn't want to see puke either. :) You are too funny, Ali Moser. Love you and your cute (and SMART) kiddos!

The Thebeaus said...

I am loving that you took the time to take a picture of the puke!! That's so great!! I need to carry around my camera more often to catch those things.

Diane said...

Wanted to comment but I have to go throw up--keep gagging. Love those kids!

Katie said...

That is so disgusting. But so awesome. I love that you grabbed the camera. It reminds me of my bloody foot. (i didn't post it though. you have inspired me. maybe one day...)

Katie said...

Oh, and I forgot to say...Don't think I didn't notice your birthday card. You aren't fooling me. I know you're not really a rocker. Just a closet LONGHORN fan. Hook 'em.

;)