Monday, June 7, 2010

Little Backpacker

Benny had his very first backpacking experience this weekend. Daddy, Uncle Brad, Papa and Ben made a trip to PA to hike the Minister Creek Trail and camp out for one night. There were severe thunderstorms for most of their adventure, but I think my little bud still had fun! I guess the rain stopped long enough for them to put up the tent and build a fire for dinner (dry wood was in a nearby cave?!).

Ben (sporting Daddy's hat) and his new friend, Mr. Toad. He was quick to tell me that the toad peed on him. :)
The guys...
A few Benny hiking shots! All the pictures are pretty blurry because Mike's camera was wet and fogged up most of the trip. I was just glad he remembered to take some pictures. :)
Finally, I just thought this was cute...Can you tell which bag is Benny's? :)

5 comments:

nana kim said...

Those pictures of Benny are the cutest things ever! Thanks to Michael for actually taking photos

Grammy said...

I agree with Kim..they are the cutest things. You can tell he thinks it is super cool to be with the "big boys" on such an adventure! What a memory this one will be! I'm glad they all didn't "melt" in all that rain!!

Katie said...

Just caught up on your posts! What a special time for Ben to enjoy with the guys! I love the sleeping bags. Can't believe he's five already?! I am sure you can't, either. The party theme cracked me up and I am constantly amazed by your creativity with cakes and cookies! Also loved the note you wrote about Courtney. Too funny!

Ben and Erin said...

Ben is such a cute little camper! What a fun trip for him. :)

Abby said...

He's SUCH an Ali lookalike in that first picture! He is getting so big, I'll bet it was really neat for him to have an adventure with the guys!