Monday, June 7, 2010

Jack and Court

This weekend I got the rare treat of spending an entire weekend with two of my favorite people in the whole world...Jackie and Courtney. They are my cousins....we have been good buddies for our entire lives, we were all in each other's weddings (each taking a turn being maid/matron of honor) and we just have a special friendship to this day. I don't get to spend NEARLY enough time with them, so this weekend was really fun and relaxing! We left our kiddos at home (except for sweet Lana who is still nursing) and just ate out, shopped and talked. It always feels like no time has passed when we are together.

Cute Lana! That is NOT her hair bow, by the way! We found it at the mall and wanted to see how funny it would look on her. It's bigger than her head!
Court was so excited to meet two of her favorite people while we were out shopping...Jacob and Edward. :) I know I look like some kind of bug in those sunglasses. Oh and I picked out some LOVELY attire for Jackie and Courtney to try on in the fitting room at H&M. I took some great photos of them, but was forbidden from posting them on the blog. :)
Finally, for old time's sake, this is a note I wrote on February 28, 1987 about a day I spent with Courtney. It makes me laugh everytime I read it.
Court and Jack....thanks for such a fun weekend! I love you both...and I mean it! :)

6 comments:

Mom said...

Awww, so sweet! You three are such cuties together! I'm glad you found some time to get away and get together. And I mean it!!

Abby said...

That note is adorable. I love how kids always write out full names. :) Glad you had such a fun time with Jack and Court...you guys are cute! Love you!

the deKorne family said...

Yay for fun girl time. I'm so glad you all got to be together...and so jealous you got to lay around and eat out. You are all three beautiful, and that note is hilarious.

Jackie said...

Thanks for a fun weekend Ali! Glad you put the explanation about the bow...wouldn't want anyone to think I would actually dress her that way...speaking of dressing...I also appreciate that you had some restraint in putting the ugly pictures of me and Court in the dresses you picked out for us. Love you!

Courtney said...

how fun! that note cracked me up...I love how you ended it with, "...and I mean it."

Court said...

I would like to point out that on the day of fighting in '87 I was only 4 years old. You however were almost 8. And who doesn't enjoy kicking during Mary Poppins?!?