Monday, October 19, 2009

A weekend in MO...

We flew to Missouri this weekend to visit with my family and attend my cousin Julie's wedding. It was a quick trip, but lots of fun. Here's Nattie getting ready to go on her first airplane ride. We quickly discovered that she is not quite as good a flyer as her little brother (at least not when he was her age). Luckily, it's only an hour and a half flight. :)
Here's some pictures from hanging out at Grammy and Pop's house. Ben and Nattie had fun playing with their cute cousin Emma.
Grammy has lots of books and Emma enjoyed taking them all off the shelf and bringing them to different people. Mike was given the two below. :) He strategically placed them in my parent's cars as a joke. My mom got the one on the left and my dad the one on the right. Don't the titles intrigue you? :)
On Friday, my mom dug out some of our old Halloween costumes that she had made over the years. Benny had a blast trying many of them on. He was an astronaut/space guy, Indian, and a jail bird. Nattie got to sport another lovely wig...this time multicolored. Doesn't she look thrilled? :)
On Saturday we headed up to St. Louis for my cousin Julie's wedding. She looked beautiful. It was in a gorgeous Catholic church downtown and the reception was at the top of the tallest building in St. Louis. It was a ton of fun and so great to see my Schweiss side of the family.
In between the wedding and reception we had some time to kill, so while Nattie napped, Benny, my mom and I watched the movie UP at the hotel. My mom took this picture of me and Benny snuggling on the bed. I just thought he looked so cute. :)
Some pictures from the wedding and reception. Nattie got to meet her second cousin Thomas (actually I'm not sure what he would be to her...he's my cousin Erin's baby). He was born about a month after her and is actually bigger than she is. They were cute together.
Finally, here are Benny and Daddy doing a little reading on the way home (nothing like SkyMall).
It was a fast, but fun, weekend. We can't wait to see some of you again at Thanksgiving! Love you!

5 comments:

the deKorne family said...

really cute pictures! how cool that your mom still has all those costumes. i will never be able to make a costume. i haven't even bought any for this year yet! pretty cousin and husband and church. and you guys look so nice, too! glad you had a fun weekend.

beth said...

you are so good at taking pics, your kids will never have to wonder what they did when they were small.

Katie said...

Natalie's expression in the clown wig is priceless!!! Allow me to just drool over her and Emma's adorable, girlie clothes. Ben's pictures always make me smile. He looks like such a happy little guy. Glad you had a good visit! What a beautiful bride.

Abby said...

Love that first picture of Mike and Natalie. She's so pretty (Mike, you are too.)! Those costumes are amazing...can't believe your mom kept them all, though I guess I would too if I put that much effort into something. Glad you had a fun trip, love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Great to see you this weekend! You have such a cute family! Love all the pics. Hope to see you all again sometime over the holidays.
Love, Maureen