Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Hairy Nattie...

This (see below) is what happens when you leave your eight month old with her great-grandparents for an afternoon. :) Mike's grandparents, Angy and Paps, came to watch Ben and Nattie yesterday and shared these photos they had taken of my baby girl in a lovely little wig. It actually took a minute for it to register that it was Natalie in the pictures. Doesn't she look fake...like some kind of doll baby that would be propped in the corner of a little girl's bedroom?? Maybe it's the combo of the hair and the look on her face or something?! She'll let you do anything to her. :) Anyway, I had a good, long chuckle over these.
Here she is, sans wig, attempting to crawl. She's been doing a lot of rocking forward and looking like she's going to start to crawl, but then her arms seem to give out and she falls flat on her belly and gets mad. Oh well, we're making progress slowly, but surely.

7 comments:

Katie said...

Oh, that is hilarious. My grandmother had cancer when Rose was a baby and we have pics of Rose w/ her wig and her turban on. It reminded me of those. But these are priceless. haha.

Abby said...

Ummmm...wow. Only Natalie could look so cute with that wig on! :) I bet she'll be crawling in no time...

the deKorne family said...

really funny. is that the wig brad wore in your wedding?! made me laugh. :)

April said...

I had a doll that looked just like Natalie with a wig. Her name was Bethany Ann. :) Precious!

Katie said...

Oh hilarious!!! I think it's the combo of the wig and her big beautiful blue eyes...she looks like a China doll!! I think I prefer her bald though. :) Somehow don't think her hair will grow in quite like that. She will be crawling before you know it! Holden was a late crawler and once he started....well, my days of sitting were over for a LONG time!

Jackie said...

The pictures of Nattie are too funny and still really cute...I was going to ask the exact question Heidi did about Brad!

Courtney said...

Oh my goodness...I laughed out loud at those photos! You're right - she totally looks like a baby doll! Those will be some great photos to look back at when she's older...too cute!!