Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Crazy love...

I know this blog is sappy and overly lovey dovey, but it's primarily about my kids and well, I really love them. This love turns me a bit ooey gooey...I just can't help it. When I've had a rotten day, or I'm in a bad mood, or I'm overreacting to something...I can look at Ben and Natalie and everything is better. There are days, if I'm being honest, where I find myself taking credit for the good I see in them. I have to remind myself often that they are not really my children, but God's and that I am just here to teach them and guide them and ultimately show them, through my example, just a small glimmer of how much Jesus loves them. I feel so honored, blessed and thankful to have been given these two special little people. While I know this is a huge responsibility, I must admit, it isn't hard to love them...in fact, it's one of the easiest things I've ever done. Now, the teaching, guiding, and disciplining part...well, that's another story! :)

Here are a few shots from tonight. The middle picture below is the first time I've really been able to see Nattie's two bottom teeth in a picture. She's such a sweet little bathing beauty with her chubby cheeks and sticky outie ears. :) Ben and I were just being goofy before bed...in case you couldn't figure that one out!
Finally, I thought it was time for another Ben video. Here he is reciting the Pledge to the Bible. This is something they teach the kids at preschool. He actually learned this at the beginning of the school year, last year, but this is the first time I've been able to get him to say it on video. You'll have to pardon the hiccups. I still love hearing that cute little voice. :)

9 comments:

nana kim said...

I don't post often, but I just have to say that picture of Natalie with the teeth and video of Ben are just great. It made my morning!!

Abby said...

That video is darling...I love when Ben hiccups, then keeps holding his hand up in the pledge stance, like - look, still pledging! So cute. And I love Nattie's little teeth! It is easy to love your sweet kids.:) Love all of you bunches.

the deKorne family said...

so cute! i love your green sweater, and her bundled in her towel, and i agree he has one of the cutest kid voices ever. you are such a good mama!

Grammy said...

I'm crazy in love with those two sweeties, too!! Looking forward to your visit next week! Hugs and kisses to my adorable (and smart!) grandchildren!!

MP said...

ah..I love the big photo of Natalie. She is getting to be so "grown up". I also love the video. We used to say pledge allegiance to the Bible when we were little. And, his face at the end, when saying I love you, is totally a Cade face. It made me laugh!! :)

Katie said...

Yes. Cutest kid voice ever. I could never get mad at him. Ever. He makes me smile. Glad you posted a Ben video!

beth said...

raising kids is the hardest job on the planet loving them is by far the easiest part of the job. i love your kiddos too. keep up the good work they are beautiful children. kisses to them both.
(forgot my name)

Katie said...

So adorable of both of them! Your posts always make me smile.

Ashley said...

Your kids are so cute! I agree that it is so great to watch your children interact, and how amazing is it when they are sweet to each other!? You do a great job with your blog - I check yours too! And of course I remember you from Taylor. :) Thanks for saying hi.