Thursday, August 13, 2009

Trip to Smoky Mtns (5) - Bud Ogle Trail and Everything Else!

This is it...no more vacation pictures after this post!! :) My favorite hike is just a short, easy 1/2 miler through what, to me, looks like an enchanted forest. There are several old houses on the property and Benny LOVES to explore them. We went on this same hike back in April when it snowed on us, so Ben was excited to come back and explore it again. I took another cool picture, if I do say so myself, of the spider web below. You probably can't tell, but the BIG spider is right in the middle. I love the way the sun in shining through.
I set the camera on a timer so I could have at least one photo from the trip of all of us together.
The rest of these photos are from our evenings out or time spent lounging at the cabin. We ate ice cream or Krispy Kremes every single night...so while we did do some hiking, I'm sure we took in more calories than we burned off...it was well worth it though! Papa and Nana...thanks for such a fun week...we love you!

3 comments:

Katie said...

What an adventurous family you are! I love all of the beautiful nature pictures. The spider web and the monarch butterfly look like professional shots! It looks like you all had a great time as a family. You are making wonderful memories together! (I bet Natalie will enjoy the hikes more next year.) :) She is so adorable!

the cunningham family said...

I am so impressed that Ben hiked that much! Wow, you guys are so adventurous! You guys go on the best vacations and have so much fun together. I agree with Katie...Natalie will definitely enjoy it more next year. Although, you did catch some good happy pics of her hiking! :) Those carriers are awesome! Glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

looks like such a good time ali! the pictures are beautiful! :)