Friday, April 10, 2009

Trip to Smoky Mtns (2) - Hiking

We didn't let the weather slow us down. We had so much fun hiking! Natalie was awesome and a great little hiker...slept the whole time. Ben traveled to Gatlinburg at her same age, so it was fun to look back and compare pictures. I don't think he was quite as heavy in the carrier though! :) He is getting pretty heavy for his carrier now too...luckily Daddy is in shape and could carry him when he wasn't able to walk himself.

Laurel Falls - We chose this hike the first day because it was paved. We pushed Natalie in the stroller. I thought maybe the wheels might fall off by the time we got to the top though. I'm not sure I consider this trail totally paved...it felt a little like off roading most of the time. :)

This was just a short hike we took the second day. There are several old houses to explore on the trail, so Ben loved it. Of course we had to make up stories about who lived in them, etc. Ben is still talking about the "rickety old houses." :) When we started this hike is was in the mid-40's...about a third of the way in it started to snow and was literally a blizzard. It wasn't all that cold, but there was TONS of snow. It was actually really fun!
Grotto Falls - I apologize now if the bottom left picture grosses anyone out...it just made me laugh. This is the first year we've taken Benny hiking that he's been potty trained, so when he had to go, he had to go! I have several shots of Daddy helping him "go" in the wilderness! His little butt makes me laugh.

No comments: