Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Back to life...

...back to reality. I go back to work tomorrow (today by the time most of you read this). It's been a really fun 12 weeks at home with my two favorite munchkins in the whole wide world. I feel anxious about leaving Natalie for the first time (other than for an evening out here and there), but I feel very blessed with our sitter situation. Granny is coming to watch them tomorrow and she will do a fabulous job, as always. It just doesn't matter who they are with...I hate to leave them. It will be good to see my coworker pals and to get back into the swing of things at work...but my heart still hurts to not be with them all day everyday. I just hope they both know how much their mama loves them and that there is no job in the world that I enjoy more than being their mom!

10 comments:

Karrie said...

Thinking of you today, Ali. I know how hard it is to leave. I am sure all will go well and your family will be into a good routine very soon :).

Nana Kim said...

Don't worry. They know how much you love them!

Katie said...

Awww, I'll be thinking of you today! Nobody ever warns us about the "mom guilt," do they? I don't think any two babies could be more loved. From the smiles in all the pictures I see, they know it! :)

Abby said...

Hope today goes well...you are such a good mom and there is no doubt in my mind that they both know how much you love them! I'm so glad you have such great sitters for them while you're at work! Love you..

Grammy said...

I think those two may be among the most loved little people in the world!! Hope your day is going good and FAST so you can get home for some kisses and hugs! I love the expression on Ben's face in the corner, like "why, exactly, are you taking my picture while I'm on the potty?"

Anonymous said...

I hope today goes well. Ben and Natalie are so lucky to have you and Mike as parents and I know they know they are loved!!

Jim, Abby, Jacob, and Bryce Stewart said...

That must be hard - I am happy that Abby has planned to stay home and that we can swing it for now. It will all work out though, they know you love them. That is nice to have family arouns to help out. Natalie's smiles are so cute - we were laughing at Ben's potty pic too. Take care guys-

Ben and Erin said...

I'm sure today was a long and hard day away from your sweetie pies. You are such a great mom and they are blessed to have you and how hard you work for your family. Hope your first day back went well! Cute pics in the collage too. :)

Katie said...

Hope your day at work went well. I know it's hard. You got a couple of cuties there!

Courtney said...

Such fun pics - looks like you're getting lots of good use out of your new camera :)

That photo of Ben on the potty made me laugh...he didn't seem too thrilled that you snapped a photo of him in that position :)

You look great, Ali! Hope your adjustment back to work has been a smooth one so far. I'm sure you're so excited to leave work everyday and come home to your beautiful fam!