Monday, September 29, 2008

Pals, Preschool, and a Pregnant Belly...

Just a couple of pictures of Ben and his pal Nate from a week or so ago when Nate came over to play. The two of them sat at the top of our basement stairs for a good 30 minutes telling "scary" stories to each other. I opened the door to check on them a couple of times and was promptly told to "shut it"...apparently it was a boy thing?! :)
Ben started preschool at the beginning of September (2 days a week for 2 1/2 hours at a local church). I attended class as a "parent helper" last week and took the pictures below. I gotta be honest, the transition has not been easy for him. He just hasn't been in a lot of structured settings or around a ton of other kids on a regular basis. He's having a hard time staying focused on the activity at hand and is disrupting other kids during some of the less active times (story time, devotion, etc). Oh GREAT?! Is it bad that I've already had some sleepless nights over his preschool behavior?! What am I in for? I've been told by many to relax and not worry...that he will figure it all out with time...but I just want so badly for this to be a good experience for him and for his teachers and the other kids to LIKE him! He really loves going, but I'm not quite sure they like having him just yet. We are working on it!
Lastly, a picture of me, my belly, and my buddy from this evening. :)

9 comments:

MP said...

cute picture of you and your belly! I am sorry his transition hasn't been that smooth, but I am sure he will start liking it soon enough (especially once he gets used to the structure, that has gotta be hard for anyone! ).

Also, congrats to Mike for running the marathon..now if he can convince Chad to do one..then I would be set!

the deKorne family said...

you are so pretty. :) are those the jeans?! maybe we can just empathize with each other over our kids being in detention since mine doesn't really play well with others and throws things and laughs at me when i say no. :) your belly looks so cute! wish i could see it, just not hug it straight on. :) miss you!

Abby said...

Hello cute belly! :)

As for the other stuff, I've said plenty already. You're a great mom and Ben is a great kid. Remember that!

Love you bunches...

Ben and Erin said...

You are too cute Ali! I loved the stories and pictures of Ben with his friend too...so funny! To answer your question from my blog, yes, I have juvenile diabetes. I didn't say anything about it, because I did last year and so I didn't want to keep saying it. :) If you look up last year's walk post, it should say something about me having diabetes. :) Anyway, I realize that is confusing to people that didn't read my blog a year ago..sorry about that! :) Well, have a great rest of the week!

April Gann said...

totally cute picture, Ali. You are very well dressed. The preschool does look VERY structured. Not sure an of us could sit still. :) Love you!

ZFam said...

Ah, Ben is just an active kid...maybe the teacher needs to do more "active" activities and then he won't be disruptive!=) It'll be fine. I taught pre-school for a little while...and there are always just busy kids. I know, without a doubt, that JD will have the same activity level!!=)

Katie said...

OOH a belly picture!=o) You are so cute. I love the outfit. And Ben is absolutely adorable and there is no way anyone could not like him! I've never met him in person and I love him! I mean, come on, ghost stories on the basement steps? Too cute!
I am sure Holden will be right there with him....boys are just so active, at least mine sure is. Just envison the "shrieking-bloody-murder- at-Chili's-in-front-of-my-fellow-teachers-and students-on-our-school-fundraiser-for-St.-Jude's-night" incident that he had. Was he mad? Nope. Just excited about using crayons at the table. I thought about hiding under it.

the cunningham family said...

You are so cute! Keep the belly pics coming. It is hard to even think that people won't like Ben. I bet the more time that passes, he will become more comfortable in the classroom and things will be just fine. I love that the boys were telling ghost stories! It is so nice that he has a close friend to come over and play with him! And, seriously, don't worry about preschool...he will be just fine...they always go to Kindergarten ready...so no worries!

Jeremy and Sheila said...

I love the belly!! We haven't seen you guys much lately, stink, so thanks for sharing!!