Saturday, September 27, 2008

He did it...26.2 miles!

Mike ran in his first ever marathon today! He did an AWESOME job! His official chip time was 4:06:11, which was better than the average for the Akron Marathon. He came in 617th out of 1581 finishers...not too shabby for a brand new marathoner (or anyone for that matter)! :) I am really proud of him. Papa, Brad, and Christina all ran portions of the race as well (relays, half marathon, etc). Papa and Brad both ran with Mike for part of his race and I know that really helped him keep going! Here are a few pictures from the race....not the best picture of me (I'm feeling awfully chubby these days!) and Benny refused to look at the camera, but you get the idea!

Here is Ben sporting all of Daddy's race medals. He thinks his dad is pretty cool! The second shot is the position Mike is currently in on our living room floor...so worn out he hasn't even taken a shower yet....ewww! :)

8 comments:

the deKorne family said...

Way to go Mike! Mark says that's the worst thing he's ever heard of. :) Obviously we need to follow your family's example of physical fitness. So proud of you him!

Anonymous said...

Yayyyy, Mike! Aren't you glad it's over!? Twenty six miles. . . unbelievable! Proud of you for running and finishing the race but also for all the time, preparation, and effort it took to be ready to run it. Way to go!!

Katie said...

Wow, that is impressive! I am tired just looking at him! I whine if I have to walk up and down the two sets of stairs with the laundry. =o) How cool for Ben, too! I bet he is so proud of Daddy. And what are you talking about, not a cute picture of you? I have never seen a bad one! You are adorable. Seriously. And I think I'm chubbier than you and I am NOT pregnant! No fair.

Abby said...

Awesome job, Mike! And Ali--honestly...the day YOU are chubby will be the day I decide to give up coffee forever. Never gonna happen! :)

Anonymous said...

You are awesome. I am so proud. It was an exciting moment for your mom. I've had a few with you! You are a great young man and have accomplished so many things.

Abby said...

Mike, you are such a stud! Congrats on being awesome. :)

Ali, you've never been cuter. Shut up.

Love you both!

Anonymous said...

i would of been in the position mike is at about the 2 mile marker, and everyone would have had to run around me. ha! good job.

the cunningham family said...

WOW - I am impressed! I would much rather drive the distance than run it. I cannot even imagine running that long. Congrats to him. That is unbelievable! I bet Ben and you are so proud of him!