Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Same faces....

and more of the same stuff from our days at home. This week has been a super lazy one...but that's ok with me, becuase the next three are going to fly by.

Me and my girl this morning...
I know these pictures of Benny aren't really anything to write home about, but I just love his face. I love his droopy eyelids, long eyelashes, pouty lips, turned up nose and sticky-outie ears. I can hardly believe he is five and half years old. He is still a big ol' baby in a lot of ways, but amazes me everyday with the grown-up words and thoughts that come out of his mouth. We've had many discussions lately about why God does what he does. It seems like he is constantly asking us questions like...Why does God make bad people? Why did God make mosquitos? Why do I sin?...etc. On the way to pre-K last week we somehow got on the topic of Heaven and having a new body/new life. I looked in the rearview mirror and he had big tears rolling down his face. I asked him what was wrong and he said "Mom, I don't want a new life. I like my old life. What is wrong with this life?" It's so hard to explain this stuff to him, when I barely get it myself. Oh...it makes my brain hurt just thinking about it.
My daily outdoor photoshoot with Nat...
When I went into her bedroom this morning to get her, she had her boots on. I've always liked the boots with pj's look. :)
A close up of A-Dub...I've never called him that until now, but I think I kinda like it (you know, for Andrew Walter).
I just had to post this picture. I love when I walk into the bathroom to find the toliet paper roll looking like this. I'm pretty sure Nattie unrolled the whole thing while Ben was going to the bathroom (she likes to hang out with us while we "go") and he tried to fix it. Lovely.
Finally, here is little man's video debut. This is as much action as I could get out of my 2 month old (I love the smiles!). Oh and please try to ignore my really annoying baby talk. I can't help it. :)

8 comments:

beth said...

The tp was hilarious and the video beyond adorable post more of those.

Grammy said...

Can't wait to have a "conversation" with that little cutie and plant some kisses on those soft cheeks! I love reading about your day to day adventures, Ben's thought processes, Nattie's fashion sense, and the funny things in your home (love the tp!) Nobody ever said that parenthood was boring! See you in a week...YAY!

Abby said...

LOVE the video...such a sweet pea. He's already changed so much since I saw him! And the toilet paper had me laughing out loud. Ben is growing into such a little man...be sure to tell him we ALL struggle with those questions, no matter how old we get! :) Love you!

the deKorne family said...

1. you are BE-U-TIFUL. 2. agree, adub=awesome.

Matt and Abby said...

awwww, what a cute video! I love the tp pic too, that happens a lot in my house...

Katie said...

I love cooing babies. What an adorable little guy!

Katie said...

Oh melt my heart on that video! Sweet little baby! Love his little noises. The t.p. picture was the other highlight of this post. Crack me UP!!!!!!!

Jackie said...

Great video! He's so animated already. Very ADORABLE!!