Monday, November 8, 2010

Hourglass...

I'm in love with a song I recently heard by Mindy Gledhill called "Hourglass" (love her song "Whole Wide World" too!). It's kind of sad, but so sweet. It's a reminder of how life is like an hourglass and how we should cherish the moments we are experiencing right now. I feel that way about my kids and wish I could just stop the sand some days....makes me so thankful to have had these weeks at home with my babies.

On that note, my maternity leave and time as a full-time stay-at-home mom is flying by at record speed. I technically only have two weeks until I'm supposed to be back at work. I decided to take some vacation hours and head back the week after Thanksgiving instead...giving me one extra week at home. I'm only going to be working 24 hours a week (reduced from 30) when I return, with a half day from home each Friday, so I am still looking forward to spending lots of time each week with my kiddos. The part-time schedule really makes it easier for me to go back, so I'm thankful for that!

Last week, Papa and Nana took the week off from work and asked if they could take Ben and Nattie to Great Wolf Lodge (a really cool indoor waterpark) for a little getaway. They were only gone for a little over 24 hours, but I think they had a blast. It was SO quiet in my house without them here, but Andy and I lived it up by spending many hours at the mall shopping in peace. :)

A few pictures from their camera...
I was watching Nattie play one morning last week and was pretty amused. She was treating Buzz and Woody like she would her baby dolls. I guess she thought they'd like a little ride in the bouncy seat.

I can't believe this little guy is 10 weeks old already. He is an angel (except in his carseat...hates the darn thing). He sleeps a ton...feels like way more than my other kids, or maybe I've finally figured out how to do a sleep routine right?? He is just precious and we could not love our littlest buddy more.

"Um, hello!? Mom, can you not see that I am slowly sliding off this chair?"

Snuggle time with Daddy on Sunday afternoon...
Ben has a wide variety of interests...one minute he is playing with Duplo blocks and the next he's watching a little Dukes of Hazzard. I know my parenting skills are being questioned right now. What can I say? He likes whatever Daddy likes! He even went and found his car that looks like "The General Lee". :)

Little sunshine girl...
I've titled this one..."Glowing Ears"
Just had to showcase her cute leggings and boots...
Some random snuggle shots. We love pajamas at our house and would stay in them 24/7 if we could.
A Benny prayer... "Dear Jesus, I pray for the little girl with the hurt brain. Please heal her and help her to be healthy. (Kate McRae for those of you who follow her) Thank you for Mommy and Daddy and Natalie and Andy and everyone in the world. (So nice of you to be thankful for everyone in the world...wish I could say the same!) Thank you for all the wonderful food we have to eat. (Interesting, considering you LOATHE and DESPISE meal time.) Please help me to not have anymore nightmares and to only think good thoughts. In Jesus name we pray. Amen."
On the nightmare note, if anyone has any advice on helping to eliminate nightmares, I'd appreciate it. He has all of a sudden become very afraid at night and I'm at a loss. We are praying about it together, but he has such an imagination and it results in some pretty elaborate dreams. He was sobbing the other evening when I put him to bed because he knew he was going to have a nightmare and kept saying "Mom, why am I such a scaredy cat? I don't want to be a scaredy cat." It made me so sad. I told him that we all have bad dreams sometimes, but that they are not real and just in our heads. Poor buddy...I'm hoping they end soon!

7 comments:

beth said...

andy looks just like you as a baby in the first shots on this blog. i will pray for you when you go back to work, i think you may have to wear something besides your pjs though. love to all.

Abby said...

I'm so glad you figured out your schedule, I know that was weighing you down. Love you and miss your sweet little family!

April Gann said...

Yay for a 24 hour work week! That sounds so much better than 30! The kiddos are adorable. Love you.

Christina Moser said...

I love the "glowing ears" picture of Natalie. That should be in a photo contest.

the deKorne family said...

i just laughed out loud at the glowing ears comment. you are so funny. so your work is settled! praise god! loveee you. such cuties. that baby is ADORABLE! they all are.

The Thebeaus said...

Great pics...especially the ears! I thought Maks was the only baby that hated a car seat. It's great that you have a 24 hour work week!! I hope all goes well when you return.

It Couldn't Be Better said...

Remember what my wedding present for you was???? An hour glass, I believe. Also, I love the glowing ears picture.....made me laugh outloud!