Sunday, July 18, 2010

Just call me Ebert...

Mike and I took Benny to see Toy Story 3 tonight (in 3D!). It was so good! I am just in awe of the creative minds that come up with these movies. Ken and Barbie are new to the storyline and I loved the silliness they added to the film (Ken to Barbie: "Nice legwarmers." Barbie to Ken: "Nice ascot."...that line had me laughing for awhile..although it doesn't have quite the same effect here!). Benny really loved the movie and we talked about it the whole drive home. He assured Mike and I that he would ALWAYS love his toys...even when he went to college (like Andy did). It's such a sweet movie and one that just makes you feel good when you leave the theatre. Oh...and for those of you who have seen it, we decided that "Big Baby" reminded us of Nattie (only without the droopy eye). :) We were glad she came to the "good side" in the end!

Anyway, go see it...even if you don't have kids. It was totally worth the $52.50 we spent (outrageous...isn't it?! - 2 adult tickets $26, 1 kids ticket $10.50, popcorn/m&m's/water $16)!!

Here we are tucking Ben into bed after the movie...clearly not the greatest picture of any of us, but I like how happy he is...makes me happy!

In other movie news, we received a mystery package in the mail recently. A VHS tape of the horror movie C.H.U.D, circa 1984. What...you haven't seen this amazing film? Say it isn't so?! HA! We figured out that the mystery sender was none other than Mike's crazy brother, Brad. Apparently, this flick was one that their Uncle Rich used to enjoy back in the day and their grandma let them watch it when they were just little boys (like Ben's age). Well, we watched it this afternoon and it was just as good as Mike remembered it to be (note sarcasm...but I was entertained enough to watch the whole thing!). We had a good long laugh about the fact that any grandma would let a kindergarten age kid watch this though. Luckily, they weren't damaged for life and turned out ok. :)

I can't say that I recommend you rent this one...although, on second thought, it would be the cheaper alternative to Toy Story 3. Brad said the shipping from eBay was more expensive than the purchase of the actual film. :)

Oh..and just in case you're wondering...C.H.U.D. stands for Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dewellers...subtitle: "They're Not Staying Down There Any Longer." Ooooohhhhh.... :)

5 comments:

the deKorne family said...

that's hilarious!!

Abby said...

For a minute I thought the movie title was that word that starts with a "ch" and ends with "butter." :)

I really want to see Toy Story 3!

Adam, Jenny, Emma, and Audrey said...

It cracks me up that Brad sends mysterious packages to your house! What a nut! And isn't this the same grandma that watches your children?! The picture of the three of you is enough to make me want to go see the movie!

Katie said...

Too funny! We loved Toy Story 3, too. I teared up at several parts. And of course laughed through most of it. Ken trying on the clothes, and Buzz in Spanish mode were two of my favorites. :)

Ben and Erin said...

So glad you got to see Toy Story 3. Such a great movie! Thankfully, if you go to a movie here before noon, ticket prices are $5! We love going to movies at 10:00 in the morning now! :) Haha! Anyway, sounds like a fun night together and a great movie.