Monday, July 5, 2010

Almost heaven...

We spent the last three days with Nana, Papa, Brad, and Christina in West Virginia visiting Papa's extended family for a good ol' family reunion. We stayed at the Pipestem State Park in a little cabin and enjoyed just relaxing, hanging out and eating bbq (twice!) together.

We only had to drive five hours to see this beauty...
Spending time with Papa and Nana! Nattie was really enjoying her rocking chair at Cracker Barrell...so in an effort to get a happy picture with her, we didn't make her get out.
I always try to get some patriotic pics of my kiddos. This was the best I could do this year. I can't say I'll be framing either of these, but at least I tried.
Uncle Brad (looking good!) and Aunt Christina...
Too many pictures of my baby girl...but I never get tired of looking at her cute face. She's been talking so much and she just seems so grown up all of a sudden.
This was a dream weekend for Benny...he got to go four-wheeling, fishing, ride a monster truck, swimming, fireworks...he was in heaven!
Just a couple to prove that Mike and I were there...:)
Finally, the highlight of Ben's weekend...getting to ride a real monster truck! Papa's cousin, David, built this one himself and was so kind to give Benny a ride and even let him "drive"! The look on his face while he was on it was priceless.
The big boys had fun going for a ride too...(isn't the backdrop beautiful?!)
It was a real West Virginia weekend and we loved spending time with family!

7 comments:

Grammy said...

Love the picture of Nana, Papa, and the kids in the rocking chairs! And that monster truck...Ben had to be hyper-ventilating! I'm glad Nattie had fun in spite of the cast and glad you all enjoyed the weekend. Now, you rest, Ali!!

the deKorne family said...

awesome!! love that last picture! so cool. glad you had a fun weekend. nattie IS a beauty and we never get sick of looking at her picture! :) such cute ones. keep the belly shots coming. we like to see andy before he's born, too. :) love you!

Abby said...

Looks beautiful and like so much fun! Glad to get some photographic evidence that the cast is, in fact, waterproof. :)

Courtney said...

oh my goodness- so many beautiful pictures. you look amazing as always. looks like you had a wonderful time...such gorgeous countryside!

Katie said...

Looks like a wonderful trip! How cool he got to ride the Monster Truck; Holden would have loved something like that! Natalie is too cute, pink cast and all.

MP said...

that is so hysterical--it seems that we had similar vacations. It is beautiful out in the country! :)

Ben and Erin said...

Looks like a great trip and time together with Mike's family. I had to laugh at the pics of Natalie and Ben because I have a lot of those types. I hate when one looks great and is smiling and the other is doing the total opposite. It's so hard to get a good picture of both kids at the same time!! I'm sorry to hear about Natalie's accident too. I think I'm a little behind. I hope her arm/wrist/hand is healing well. Poor baby! Ben's face on the monster truck is too cute! :)