Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Finally...

..the sun decided to come out and the temps rose above 20 degrees! It was actually in the 50's yesterday and we jumped at the chance to be outside for awhile...even if there is still lots of snow on the ground. Ben had fun riding his bike until he would come to a patch of unshoveled snow on the sidewalk and get stuck. Oh well...we tried?!
Just a few random pictures from the last few days...the bottom left picture is a typical scene in our bed on any given morning. For some reason BOTH of my children end up in our bed at some point in the night. I love them both and cherish these days when they are little...since they will soon be gone...but I much prefer my bed to myself! At least they are cute all snuggled up together...right?
A little Benny story from today....I came home to find out that he got a stick taken away at preschool. They get sticks taken away for disobeying the teacher. Apparently he was told not to touch an electrical outlet and he did so anyway. The note from his teacher said he was "very upset" because he thought they (the teachers) were mad at him (Mr. Sensitive!). When I asked him tonight why he disobeyed he told me..."Mom, my brain was just not turned on today. I couldn't think and I couldn't listen. Sometimes it just gets turned off." WOW...great excuse, Benny?! At least he's creative...

8 comments:

the deKorne family said...

love the picture of you and nattie. my children would no more sleep in my bed than empty the dishwasher. jealous. :) glad you got outside! i think my brain has been turned off a fair amount lately, too!

the deKorne family said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
the deKorne family said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Katie said...

The picture in your bed made me smile. Lately Holden had been getting up around 3am and ending up in our bed. He is such a snuggle bug but it does get crowded! Glad you were able to enjoy some outdoors time. Tell Ben I think my brain does the same thing, too sometimes. :)

Abby said...

I think that's a pretty good excuse, actually. I would say my brain is turned off a LOT...especially at work. :) Jealous of your nice weather!

beth said...

thanks for the laughs ben. we love just about everything that comes out of your mouth. claire thinks you are hilarious. love ya!!!!

Ben and Erin said...

Isn't it wonderful to be back outside? :) I'm loving it! Your pics are so cute as usual. That's fun that you are planning a Magic House trip when you come to visit your family. It's such a great place. Have a great weekend!