Saturday, October 25, 2008

My little cowboy...

I know it's pretty hard to decipher between the real John Wayne and my silly three-year-old in the photos below...but give it your best shot (ha ha...no pun intended!). We went to "Boo at the Zoo" at the Akron Zoo last night with Papa and Nana. It rained the WHOLE time and we were pretty much all soaked, but Ben still had fun collecting treats. His cowboy hat did a nice job of keeping his face dry! Now I just have to figure out how to clean his muddy chaps before he Trick-or-Treats next weekend. Although, I somehow doubt that John Wayne's mom washed his chaps inbetween all his cowboy adventures. Maybe I'll just leave them muddy... :)

8 comments:

Katie said...

ADORABLE is a word I think I use a lot when I comment about Ben, but really, what else is there to say? His costume is great! I love how you threw the John Wayne pics in the collage. =o)

Jim, Abby, Jacob, and Bryce Stewart said...

Leave em mudddy... it's more authentic. What a cute outfit. Jacob is going as pooh bear. Have fun trick or treating... make sure he's not too trigger happy when he gets a piece of fruit from an old lady instead of candy.

Abby said...

Way too cute!! Maguire is going to be a cowboy too, and Ashlyn is going to be a cowgirl. Their costumes are nowhere near as cute as Ben's! Those chaps are great!

the deKorne family said...

so so cute. so i guess he started feeling better?

Ben and Erin said...

What an adorable cowboy! My brother was a cowboy for like 5 years in a row! Haha!

Anonymous said...

Hadn't looked at your blog for awhile-how can you say you aren't creative? The John Wayne collage is darling. Also I enjoyed seeing Will, Josh, and Karrie-can't believe how old he is already. One last thing-I think that love of salt came from your maternal side!Keep up the good work!

Jeremy and Sheila said...

I'm telling you, your little guy is just so darn cute!! I love the costume and I'm voting to keeping them muddy!! More authentic that way.

We really should get together sometime, I haven't seen you in forever!!

the cunningham family said...

LOVE the costume! That is hilarious that he likes John Wayne. Too funny! Hope he had fun trick or treating on Halloween. Can't believe it is November already! :)