Saturday, October 4, 2008

Fall fun with Grammy and Pops!

Grammy and Pops arrived into town this weekend and we've had a lot of fun so far! Warning: Lots of pictures ahead...sorry!

Walsh Farms on Friday evening...
Baumann Orchards this morning...we picked apples, went on a hayride, and saw how the apples were made into cider.
This afternoon we went to Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens (a big castle in Akron on awesome property). They have a Fall festival going on this weekend. Ben had a blast painting a pumpkin, getting his face painted, and walking through the "Butterfly Sanctuary."
Just a couple of random shots!
I figured I had better post something before I collected anymore pictures! My dad heads home tomorrow, but my mom is staying through next week to help Mike and I with some painting and home stuff. By the way, I realize I have the same gray sweater on in every picture I've posted recently. I have limited options these days!! More to come...I'm sure! :)

10 comments:

the deKorne family said...

before i read all the way i was going to compliment the cute gray sweater. :) looks like you had so much fun-and looks exhausting! i just went to babies r us and childrens place and i was worn out!! fun to see your parents-hope you and denise have a fun week! ps-you look SO well rested! :)

Abby said...

What fun! I would love to go apple picking this fall...but I have zero energy. So here I sit, living vicariously through you. :) Glad you're having a fun visit with your mom and dad. Love you!

Katie said...

Looks like we had very similar weekends! And took similar amounts of pictures, too! =o) Don't you love fall? I'm glad you all had such a good time. Your family is so cute! I love how intent Ben is on whatever he is doing...watching butterlies, painting pumpkins, etc. The candid shots are great. Hope you and your mom have a fun week!

Katie said...

Holy cow. Are those butterflies on steroids? Funny. And, like Heidi, I love your gray sweater. I enjoy reading your blog:)

Ben and Erin said...

It looks like so much fun! I love the family pictures of you three--or four actually! :) I'm sure you are loving having your parents there doing these fun things with you guys too!

the cunningham family said...

I love seeing pics of your mom and dad. They look the exact same as they did on Brookshire Green! Your weekend sounds like so much fun. What neat places you have to visit around you. Ben looks like he had lots of fun with mom and dad and grammy and pops. I hope you are having lots of fun with your mom this week painting away. NOt my favorite thing to do! :) Tell your mom hello for me!

Courtney said...

oh man - those are such great photos! nothing's better in the fall than a trip to the pumpkin patch :-)

Erin and Josh said...

how fun! i miss the midwest fall season! and you look great, Ali. how are you feeling??

Anonymous said...

Haven't looked at your blog for awhile-Louise is really growing. You look great. So glad your Mom is there for awhile-since when did she start painting?!!

Jim, Abby, Jacob, and Bryce Stewart said...

Wow Ali, you look just like your dad... well as much as a girl can look like a guy anyways. I am taking Jacob to an orchard today to get a pumpkin. I just love the fall. Ben is a stud. We have a neighbor boy that looks a lot like him. Mike and I both have our fall beards on - my wife hates mine. Take care guys-