Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Seven things about me...

I've been tagged (by my friend Sheila) to post seven things about myself....this is hard....and I'm not creative...but I'll give it a whirl!

1 - I was born with a hole in my heart. It closed on it's own by the time I was 10 years old, but I still have to visit a Cardiologist every so many years to have it checked. I have a minor heart murmur because of it. Glad I never had to have heart surgery!

2 - I love all things salty! I put salt on everything...even before I taste it....pasta, pizza, veggies, etc. You name it, I salt it. I even salt some sweet things, just because I like the mix of salty and sweet. I'm weird. I think Ben has inherited this love, as well. He asks for the salt shaker at restaurants before our food arrives so he can pour himself some and dip his finger in it. :)

3 - I was a really late bloomer. It wasn't until the end of my sophomore year of high school that I actually grew. I was 4'11 until then and under 100 lbs. I HATED it! I had to sit on a pillow when I got my drivers license. I looked like I was 10 years old. I grew six inches in six months between my junior and senior year. I am a whopping 5'4 now and weigh MUCH more than 100 lbs...I can tell you that much!! :)

4 - I was a cheerleader in high school. I can't believe I'm admitting this, actually. I was even the captain for a couple of years (ha!). We cheered for every sport...boys and girls...even girls volleyball and wrestling! I think I only made the squad my freshman year because I was so small and they thought I might be good to toss around or place at the top of the pyramid (this was before the aforementioned growth spurt).

5 - Mike, Ben and I have been on several different billboards and commercials. The staff at the good ol Wadsworth Rittman Hospital asked if they could take our family picture, after Ben was born in May of 2005, for some promotional materials they were creating. I didn't think it was that big of a deal because I figured they would just use it on a couple of brochures or something. Well, I was wrong. About three months after Ben was born, I was driving home from work and looked up to see our faces on a billboard near the entrance to my neighborhood. I was shocked! We ended up on commercials, in the newspaper, and all kinds of other places. People still ask me..."Is that you I saw on the side of a bus?" Don't you think after three and a half years they could get a new family? :) (They were very nice to give Ben a $500 savings bond and to pay off our hospital bill though...so I guess I shouldn't complain too much!)
6 - In between my current pregnancy and Ben I lost two babies to miscarriage. I would never wish this on anyone, but I have so many friends and family who have gone through the same type of thing. I am so thankful to God for the blessing of another baby. I look forward to the day when I'll get to meet the other two little ones in heaven. I was recently reading a really inspirational blog I like to follow and learned that October 15th was the National Day of Rememberance for pregnancy and infant loss. If you have ever lost a child, it's a really great blog to help you put everything in perspective. (I hope I haven't offended anyone by posting something like this on my list of seven things about me. I surely didn't mean to! I know these are typically pretty lighthearted! Sorry!)

7 - I'm a pretty boring person (in case you haven't gathered that so far). By boring I mean...predictable. I'm not the type who seeks change just for the sake of change. I'm pretty content most of the time. I like living in a small, suburban town. I like knowing that I have a secure and stable job that I can go to and I'll be happy to work the remainder of my career there (probably will...knowing me). I'm just not all that adventurous....I think it's the worrier in me. I think I got this from my mom. :) Mike usually has to talk me into big purchases (like cars or a house, for that matter). I can always get there...but it just takes me a tad longer than some, I suppose. :) I like to think that I help balance out the "less change resistant" behavior that my hubby possesses.

Well...I think that's all for now. Hope I didn't bore anyone. My guess is that you probably didn't get far enough to read this if I did. I tag anyone who feels like doing this and hasn't before (Katie and Annie...I'd like to read yours!). :)

7 comments:

Abby said...

Dear Moser Family:

You are so famous. Can I get your autograph?

Love,
Star Struck in Minneapolis

The Moser Fam... said...

Dear Star Struck: I never respond to comments like this, but you are a dork and this warrants one. I will be happy to send you a signed copy of the billboard photo. I will charge $20 for each additional photo requested. :)

Katie said...

I learned lots of new things about you! I was cracking up about the pillow when you were driving! Funny, I remember being jealous as a child of you for two things: one you got to wear both a foot and an arm cast and get them signed and decorated with nail polish (oh the things we kids wish for!) and two because you were so tiny! I guess the grass is alwasy greener, right? ;o) Oh, and how cool about the hospital paying off your bill??!! You are such a celebrity.

Courtney said...

I had so much fun reading this entry. what are you talking about that you're not creative?! i laughed and had a few tears too...that's not easily accomplished! thanks for the link to that inspirational blog - I have a few friends who have gone through losing children as well, and I think it will encourage their hearts. thanks!

MP said...

thanks for sharing these things about yourself! And..I don't think being in an advertising campaign makes you a boring person! :) Thanks also for sharing the blog link and your story!

the deKorne family said...

Riding with you in the Dodge Avenger was NEVER boring. (Ask Jon Stanley) Hanging out with you after the tanning bed where you got the burning lotion on your butt was not boring. And I think it's awesome you were on a billboard. Star Struck must be jealous even though she does have some admittedly perfect qualities. Good post. :)

Katie said...

I loved your post! I never know what to say on things like that b/c I'm too much of an open book to find things people wouldn't know.

Awesome about the billboard. You're a beautiful family, so I'm not surprised they keep you on the side of a bus to this day! I love Angie's blog as well. I'm sorry for your miscarriages, and am so thankful God has blessed you with this new baby! I had 2 miscarriages in between my first two as well.