Monday, June 13, 2011

I heart my IL family...

I hadn't seen most of my Illinois family since late August of last year when I snuck to Michigan for a family vacation against my OB's orders...since I was just days away from delivering Andy. I missed them all so much and it was high time I got to visit and introduce them all to the newest Moser babe (who turned nine months old on May 29th). Grammy was kind enough to make the seven hour drive across OH, IN, and IL with me. It's always nice to have an extra set of hands on a road trip with three kiddos. She was the official referee between Ben and Natalie, who really enjoy annoying the crap out of each other in the car. "Mommmm! Nattie has her feet on my seat!"...."No, Benny..that's my blankie!"...."Nattie, stop touching me!"...."Can't see movie!" and so on and so on and so on....luckily, Andy didn't make a peep! :)


Jackie and Courtney...two cousins who I love a whole lot. We have 10 children between us (well, almost...Jackie is due with her fourth in August). I can hardly believe that...10 kids!


Julia (Courtney's oldest) and Claire...you'd be hard pressed to find two girls who are nicer than these two (or cuter!). I wish I had pictures of all my fam, but this blog isn't big enough and I, for some reason, didn't take that many photos during the weekend.


Here are six of the 10 I mentioned (missing Julia, Andy, and Lana)...even though I don't get to see these little people very often, they hold a special place in my heart because they belong to two people who I love so much.



In addition to getting to visit all my fam, one of the main reasons I was longing to get to IL was to visit with my Grandma and Grandpa. Both of them are in a nursing home now and a lot has changed, in terms of their health, since I had seen them last. My Grandma has Alzheimer's Disease and it has been progressivly worsening over the last several months and years (significantly so since I'd seen her). It was very hard to see how much she had changed. She was happy, friendly and talkative while we were there visiting, which made me feel better, but it's still difficult to understand why this had to happen to her. I am thankful that she knows Jesus and I pray that He gives her peace in her heart. I pray for my family who daily love her and visit her and have to experience the changes in her first hand. I know it is extremely difficult for all of them. I know she is loved and so is my Grandpa.


Earlier this week, I was digging through some old letters and cards I'd kept...I found two poems Grandma had written for me years ago. They seem extra special now. I'm so thankful I kept them.

When we arrived back in Ohio it was Grammy's birthday, so we surprised her with an ice cream cake and a lovely round of "Happy Birthday to you!" Thanks for staying some extra days and making the trip to Illinios with us, Mom! We love you and miss you!


Thanks for a fun and relaxing weekend IL fam and for making me and my kids feel so special and loved! We miss you!

4 comments:

The Sommermeyers said...

Wow, where has the time gone? I remember meeting your cousins down in Farmington way before any of us were "mommy" age!! Glad you got to visit with them. By the way, I meant to write a comment on your last post. Looks like you throw one heck of a kids' birthday party!I'm always so impressed with your cakes and cake pops!!

Abby said...

What a precious picture with your Grandma. So glad you got some time with your family. And how how HOW are Jackie and Courtney's kids that big? They are beautiful and we are all old. :) Love you.

Jackie said...

Awww! We HEART you too. I'm really disappointed in myself...I never got my camera out the entire time you were here. Any chance you'd snapfish some of these? Miss you!

beth said...

Ali you are so good at putting your feelings down in words, we all love you as well, miss you, but mostly are happy you came to visit. hugs and kisses to all.