Thursday, June 9, 2011

My little swashbuckler is six!

We celebrated Ben's sixth birthday on Memorial Day with lots of family and our good friends, the Hurrles. I was so glad it was a perfect, sunny day since the month of May had way more rainy days overall. It was an extra special birthday for Ben since his Grammy, Pops, Uncle Adam, Aunt Jenny, and cousins, Emma and Audrey, got to come to his party too! We celebrated...pirate style! Happy Birthday, Matey!


Red bandanas, cheapy pirate eye patches, and $1 swords from Target transform any kid into a pirate...they were the cutest little swashbucklers I've ever seen!



I found cardboard treasure chests online that I thought would make perfect holders for the pirate cake pops I planned to make. I purchased some gold coins and jewels for treasure. The kids had fun playing with the coins and wearing the jewelry all day.


I mean, seriously, is there anything cuter than a baby with a skull and cross bones stuck on their head? I don't think so. :)



Every pirate gal needs a baby doll to complete her look.


Nate and Ellie...two of Benny's favorite pals!


Presents!



I didn't get pictures of most of the party people (other than the kids)...and once again, I took the most pictures of Andy...


Cute cousins...Emma, Nattie, and Audrey! Emma and Nattie were cake pop eating machines. I bet they each had five!



I know this is Benny's birthday post, but I couldn't resist highlighting this picture. I just love the way Andy is looking at Paps.



Happy birthday to the best six-year-old I know! Love you, buddy!

7 comments:

The Thebeaus said...

Cute! Cute! Happy Birthday, Ben! Love the cake and cake pops...you are talented!

Grammy said...

Cutest pirates I've ever seen and hands down Benny is my favorite pirate ever...even cuter than Johnny Depp!! Glad we were there! Hugs to all the Moser cutie-pies!

The Samsons said...

Awesome job on the cake and cake pops! You're so creatively talented :) And Ben is adorable as a pirate!

Abby said...

You are ridiculous. Adorable party and awesome cake, per usual. Can't believe sweet Benny is SIX. He is the cutest. Happy birthday, buddy! We love you!

Matt and Abby said...

what a cute party! you are so good at that. will you plan mine for me:)
their costumes are so cute and i love nat with the baby doll.

Katie said...

Love this!! Those are the most adorable cake pops I've ever seen. Holden would have loved this party! :)

the deKorne family said...

you are amazing. amazing. amazing. happy birthday late to your buddy. he has been a total delight since day 1! :)