Monday, June 27, 2011

Dad's Day, etc...

This post is way overdue...when I feel stressed I'm not a very good blogger...and lately I've been stressed, resulting in a bit of a blogging hiatus (at least compared to my previous track record of excessive posting!). To my loyal readers (Mom and Nana!) who expect to see new pictures of my children weekly, if not daily, I apologize.

Moving on....Nat and Ben had fun giving Daddy his Father's Day gift before church. It was an extra special day because Mike was baptized that morning during the church service. I love you, Mick! You are an excellent daddy! Our kids are blessed to have you.




We spent the afternoon at Papa and Nana's celebrating all the dads! Ben was excited to give Papa his gift...a fishing pole and some fishing supplies! My kids LOVE Papa (and we do too!). We missed you, Dad/Pops, but we are glad we'll see you soon!


Nattie and Pappy...we are so glad to have Paps in our life!




Ok, I know this post is about the dads, but we can't forget the grandmas!


Moving on from Father's Day....just some random, but cute, pictures of my little people.


What these three have been up to lately....playing with pirate ships, "texting", and climbing stairs like a wild man!



A rare picture of just us... :)



Pardon my unpedicured feet...but isn't she cute? Her wild hair fits her personality.


We did some serious chalk art on the driveway this weekend, so I took Nat's picture with her name. I love that little smirk.



I know I'm always talking about what an angel Andy is...so this is just to prove that every once in awhile he does get ticked. He was mad because I set him on Nat's towel and he couldn't go anywhere due to the fact that he HATES touching the grass. The good part is that I could just leave him there and didn't have to worry about where he might end up...the bad part is that he screamed bloody murder and I started to feel like a bad mom...go figure?



It has been absolutely perfect weather this week, so we played in the sprinkler for a bit...well, mostly just Benny. Nattie was more concerned with turning the hose on and off to irritate her brother.


Daddy took Benny fishing this evening and Ben actually caught three fish. He was so excited and proud. I was glad Mike took his camera!



I saved the best for last. I was making Nat lunch earlier this week and she kept saying "Mommy, look at Andy!" I was busy, so I just brushed it off. As I walked to the kitchen table to bring her her lunch I looked in the living room where Andy had been playing with toys to see this! He wasn't crying or upset...just kicking his legs and looking for a toy in the bottom of the basket! I pulled him out (only after taking a picture, of course!) and he had a big smile on his face. I love that kid.

5 comments:

Nana Kim said...

Thank you Ali. I love to see the faces of the little people that I love so much. (and the big people too)

Mom/Grammy said...

Ditto Kim's message. I miss your "excessive posting" days. I could handle a post a day!! I love all the pictures as usual. Andy upside down in the toy basket takes the cake, though!

Katie said...

I have been missing your posts! I am waaaay behind in blogging and attempting to catch up; I feel your pain. Cracking up at the pics of Andy on the blanket and his fear of grass! And the previous post with Natalie's wild pool antics. Glad Mike had a good Father's Day! Can I ask where you got the pirate ships? Are they Playmobile? Holden is obsessed with pirates right now and would LOVE something like that!

the deKorne family said...

love you-and all those pics. how was mike's baptism? yay! love those cuties...andy looks like he's gonna get a good tan!

Abby said...

Your moms aren't your only loyal readers. :) Glad Mike had a special day (yay for another baptism!) and that you got time with people you love. I like your outfit in that picture of the two of you! xoxo