Thursday, April 14, 2011

Meet Me in St. Louis (1)...

I've been in a bit of a funk over the last month, but the funk did not hinder my use of the camera. :) So, if you thought you missed seeing my kids these last few weeks...have no fear...after the next few posts, you'll be hoping for another blogging hiatus on my part! We headed to Missouri on April 1st to spend Spring Break with my family. It was a great week! My brother, Adam, and sister-in-law, Jenny, and their two cute kiddos, Emma and Audrey, are currently living in my parent's basement, as they just recently moved back to our hometown. It was nice for us to be able to spend extra time with them, since we were all in the same house for nine days! My other brother, Eric, was home from college for part of our visit, as well. We always love spending time with him too (We missed you, Erin!). Five kids...ages 5, 3, 2, 1, and 7 months...under one roof, for that many days in a row, made for some craziness at times, but the craziness was worth it!
Pops and his two youngest grandaughters...


Always a highlight...bubble baths in the whirlpool tub! I'm guessing, in the not too distant future, Benny will no longer think it's cool to take baths with his sister and girl cousins!


We arrived just in time to celebrate Emma's 3rd birthday! She had a Beauty and the Beast birthday party and Jenny went ALL OUT...I've never been to a kids party like this...ever! I helped Jenny make Mrs. Potts cake pops for the party. Emma loved them...mission accomplished! We are so glad we were able to celebrate with you, Emmy!


I especially like Grammy and Mike in the birthday crowns!


Lately, I've been feeling sad about how much he is growing up. I love my bud.


Collecting pine cones in the backyard! This was one of many attempts to entertain the kiddos one morning...hence the lovely pjs. They were having a blast racing to see who could collect the most.



I know he's my husband and I'm biased, but I think he's really cute and I love these pictures of him with his littlest buddy.


I can't wait until Nattie's hair is long enough to play with! I had fun braiding Emma's hair a couple of different times during the week. I am no professional, but I thought she looked cute!


More fun...coming right up...

6 comments:

Mom/Grammy said...

The craziness was great fun and I miss you guys and all that craziness already! Glad your computer revived and look forward to all your posts! Hugs and kisses to my cuties!

The Samsons said...

such pretty pics! I've missed them! Love the cake pops and your braiding skills are really good :)

Christina Moser said...

I love the long updates Ali! Emma and Audrey are super cute, and of course, I think my nephews and niece are adorable, too. So many great photos!

Katie said...

Yea! You're back. Long time no see. Love the pictures of St. Louis. Your kids are still adorable as ever. Nattie's hair is getting darker! I like it.

Erin said...

I loved reading all the new posts and seeing all the pictures! All of the kids look so much bigger than when I saw them last! Ahh! Can't wait to hang out with you all...New York couldn't come soon enough! Love you all!

Love, Laughter, Joy and Everything In Between said...

So glad you're back. I missed seeing you guys. The pictures are awesome!!! So enjoyed seeing them.