Saturday, February 26, 2011

It's sunny in my head...

A day or two of blue, sunny skies mixed in with mostly gray, snowy skies was like a breath of fresh air this last week. Gives me hope that maybe...just maybe...Spring will be here sooner, rather than later. For now, it'll just have to be sunny in my head...
This little guy makes me happy when skies are gray...

Ben hates to eat...I think I've shared this before. Anyway, after trying a million and one things to get him to try new foods, I decided to go back to the basics. I printed off the food pyramid for him and explained the importance, again, of eating from all of the food groups and VOILA...it worked like magic. The kid is trying anything and everything...it's CRAZY! Chili...stirfry....vegetables...oatmeal...you name it! He even declared his LOVE of broccoli this week...what?! He's been letting me know if I've missed a food group in his meal... "Um, Mom, you forgot to include a grain in this meal." Now, if I could just get him to eat a meal at a pace that is reasonable (i.e. under two hours) we'd really be on to something. :)
Silly boys...
Dad and his buddies...
Sunshine boy...
Andy is starting to sit up on his own for longer periods of time before he slowly tips to one side and lands on his belly.
A few days shy of hitting the six month mark...
He devoured some peach banana oatmeal for breakfast this morning and he was all smiles! (I'm so excited for toothy grins now!)
I tried to pull down Nat's tutu, but she insisted on hiking it up..."No, Mommy! I dood it!"
And finally...a typical Nat face...silly, but cute.

10 comments:

Mom said...

I love the teeth and the tutu, and YAY for the eating (maybe by kindergarten in the fall, he can speed it up a little so he doesn't starve all afternoon at school!) Miss you guys...wish you were here today for sweet little Audrey's first birthday party!

Jackie said...

Ali that food pyramid was a great idea! Amazing it worked! Andy is absolutely adorable!! Lana just got those same two first teeth this past month. And I LOVE Nattie in her tutu...she would have so much fun playing dress up here!!

Katie said...

Hmmm....food pyramid, eh? I will have to give that one a try! Holden is just about to turn 4, but I already worry about what he will eat in school! He is super picky and also super slow, too. Love Andy's little teethers. And Natalie's silly face. :)

Adam, Jenny, Emma, and Audrey said...

Nattie's hair is so cute! I love all of the curls. I cannot believe the whole food pyramid thing worked but I am happy it did! Maybe I should print one off for myself since my diet consists of sweets! And, I love Andy's sweet smile and cannot wait for your visit in a month! Love you guys!

Katie said...

Man, your kids are getting big. What is happening? I love the teeth. And that's a great pic of Mike and the kids. :)

Christina Moser said...

That picture of you and Andy should be a magazine cover - you look so pretty! Love this post and I agree about the sunshine. We are getting a T-storm right now and I hope that it means spring!

Abby said...

You're a genius! What a great idea for getting Ben to eat!
Oh my goodness...Andy is just TOO aDORable!!

Abby said...

Oh my gosh, BEN IS EATING! You are a genius. I mean, seriously. That gave me a huge laugh. And sweet Andy, he is getting so big and even cuter by the second. Nattie, too. Miss all of you and your cute faces!

the deKorne family said...

I think the fact the Ben is near genius level certainly helps with the eating thing. I can only imagine trying to discuss the food pyramid with Ava. :) You are smart, Mom! Andy is SO adorable! And yes, the dress up phenomenon would be nonstop with all our girls. Miss you terribly, these pictures made it worse. Love you!

Diane said...

So cute! I,too, love Nattie's hair. Glad to see the bibs put to good use. Do you think it's too late for Darla to try the food pyramid with Maddie?! Sure wish we could meet Andy in person-so sweet!