Thursday, December 16, 2010

Happy Birthday, Daddy!

Mike turned 32 years old today! Ben and I spent the afternoon making Peanut Butter Kiss cookies for him to enjoy when he got home from work. I was very glad to have Benny be my Hershey's Kiss wrapper remover (I hate that job!). The cookies sure looked good when we were all done...too bad they didn't taste good. My recipe was written down incorrectly and I added 2 tsp of salt, instead of a 1/2 tsp (I have the worst luck in the kitchen!). Mike took one bite and that was it. So much for a happy birthday treat! Luckily, I had purchased a few cupcakes earlier in the day, so there was a backup dessert! :)

Ben jumps on any chance to help open a gift! We gave Dad a Terrelle Pryor jersey and The Wisdom of Wooden book. I think the gift was a hit!
I think Nattie liked her cupcake. :) We love you, Daddy! Happy Birthday!
Finally, what's a post without more silliness from my baby girl?! I walked into her room one morning this week to this (apparently she had been awake for awhile!)... She had unbuttoned her jammies, put on a hooded sweatshirt upside down, emptied her dresser drawers, dumped an entire sippy cup of water all over her bed, ripped apart a small flower arrangement, dumped a bunch of books, etc....and she was standing in her second dresser drawer (with a poopy diaper on, I might add!). She smiled at me and said "mess, mess." Ya, Nat, I think I noticed. :) Oh..and later that day (under Daddy's supervision!)...she ripped every petal and leaf off a small Poinsetta I had and dumped the dirt all over the couch. Awesome!

4 comments:

beth said...

YIKES!

Carrie said...

nattie stories make me laugh ali!! glad you are documenting them for the future! :)

the deKorne family said...

Ok, in love, I don't know if it was the salt as much as the natural peanut butter. That stuff is GROSS in cooking bc it doesn't have any sugar and the recipes don't account for that. Just a tip. :) Love you, HBD, Mikeymo, and Nattie is awesome. xoxo

Katie said...

Ok that girl is seriously hysterical!! Coming from someone who is reading about her messes and not picking them up. :) But how do you get mad at someone with that cute of a grin? I so feel you with the cooking thing. At least you are great at decorating cakes/cookies. I have ZERO talent in the kitchen.