Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas morning...

This was the first year that we, I mean Santa, put some goodies in the kids stockings. We have grandparents and great-grandparents who spoil our children, so we try to be reasonable on the Santa front. This year Santa was pretty practical...books, underwear, slippers, crayons, and a game or two (Guess Who? for Ben...I used to love that game and can't wait to play it with him!). I found a great deal online on a 24x36 magnetic whiteboard that I purchased for both Ben and Nat. I thought it would be fun to use magnetic letters to practice reading/spelling words with Ben and I bought some magnetic animals and shapes to use with Nattie.

Santa brought Andy one little ol' gift..a Monchhichi. When Andy was born, Mike thought he looked like one. I think he meant it as a compliment...they are kinda cute. I LOVE watching my kiddos open gifts and get so excited over everything. It doesn't take much at all to get Ben excited...he was even excited to open his SpongeBob underwear and Nattie loved her Sesame Street books from the $1 bin at Target. :)
Daddy saw this little tent at Target and wanted to get it for Nat. She was so excited! It's up in her room and looks really cute with all of her owl decor. :)
Does your living room look like this after all the gifts have been opened? I can't remember who said it, but it sounds about right..."It looks like Christmas threw up in here!" :) Andy kind of blends in.
My mom's side of the family celebrates the first Christmas for each new baby who is born that year. This year there were FIVE firsts! Since we can't be there for the celebration, they all sent gifts for my little guy. Santa didn't need to bring him anything, because he already had a stack of presents under the tree! It was so fun to open the gifts on Christmas morning and lay him in the middle of all of them. Thanks IL fam! We love you and Andy loves his presents...can't you tell?! :)

No comments: