Monday, November 30, 2009

Deck the halls...

Ok, so my posts are not really in sequential order, but I felt like I had to write about Thanksgiving before I could talk about decorating the tree...even though we did this last weekend. I wanted the house to be decorated before my family came to town. Benny had a blast, as usual, helping us decorate the tree and house. He is a great little helper and wanted to put out EVERY single Christmas item we had. With a 10 month old in the house this year, I wanted to stick to the basics, as I was envisioning her being a little terror. :) She has, surprisingly, been pretty good about not bothering the tree. Hmm...maybe it has something to do with the fact that everytime she goes near the tree Ben tells her "No, no, Nattie!" and pulls her halfway across the living room?!
Tonight, Ben helped Daddy finish up the lights on a few of the trees out front. We used big colored lights this year and Ben loves it. I think my bud looks so cute in his new winter coat and hat. :)
Nattie stayed warm inside with me and decided to terrorize Santa by pulling his beard and eating it.
Finally, a few random pictures my mom took when she was here. Please don't judge me for my LOVELY attire in these photos. I have to admit, however, that this is how I look about 90% of the time when I'm home with my kids...no shower...ugly pj bottoms and one of Mike's t-shirts. I really love snuggly mornings with my family. :)

3 comments:

Katie said...

Your tree is lovely! I'm with Ben, I love all the decorations. Sounds like he is doing a good job with damage control with Natalie. :) Love his coat and hat, too! Super cute! PJ pants and my hubby's t-shirts are my favorite attire, too.

Anonymous said...

Ali, your decorations look beautiful! Isn't it fun with little ones? We have the very same Santa door hanger-thingie Natalie is pulling on in your pic. What are the odds? Have a merry Christmas!

Wendy

Courtney said...

You always have the greatest pictures, Ali...you're definitely getting good use out of your camera :) You are all so photogenic. I love the one of Ben putting the star on top of the tree, and I just love his pj's :) I can't believe how quickly Natalie is approaching a year old!!