Friday, November 6, 2009

Art by Ben

Just wanted to share some of the "artwork" that Ben came home from preschool with today. Here he is in his turkey hat. We were pulling into the garage after preschool and realized that we had accidentally left his hat at school. He was so upset. I had to turn around and go all the way back to get it. Luckily, it's not that far...plus, he was super cute posing for me in it!
The piece below really made me laugh. I wrote captions next to each of the items in his house as he explained them to me at lunch today. He started off by telling me that he had an invisible puppy and kitty in his house along with his sister (who apparently wasn't invisible...or recognizable...ha ha). You'll have to click on the drawing to read the captions. I can't explain why he felt the need to write his name twice...guess he just wanted to make sure we knew it was HIS house?? :)
Finally, a picture of my baby girl. Ben brought up some of his stuffed animals in a bin from the basement. I stuck Nattie in the bin to be silly, but I thought she looked cute smooshed in with her furry friends. :)

3 comments:

Grammy said...

Love the turkey hat and house drawing! And love the sweet little human "animal" in the bin!!

Katie said...

As usual, Ben made me laugh out loud with his drawing and little quotes! The little blob in the corner that is Natalie is hilarious! An apple and a big long pretzel?? For invisible pets??? Don't you just marvel at their little minds? :) Natalie's cuddly picture is so sweet.

the deKorne family said...

I just came to your blog to make sure I hadn't missed anything! Where are you? :) Then, I realized my post on this one never posted! Wonder what I did wrong? LOVE that artwork...Nat is so pretty.