Sunday, November 15, 2009

Just an ordinary day...or week...

I've been in a blogging slump (yes, I consider a week without blogging a slump). I keep thinking that maybe one of these days I'll have something really interesting to say, but for now it's just another everyday life post. I love my life...even it is ordinary.

Mike ran ANOTHER trail marathon last Sunday (along with his brother, Brad). If you're keeping track, that's three marathons (one road, two trail) in five weeks. Is the human body supposed to do that?? I said he was crazy before and I'd like to reiterate that now. It was a VERY hilly race and really difficult. He got sick with one mile to go...but he stuck it out. He's taking a nice long break now...thank goodness! His basketball coaching responsibilities have started up, so running will take a bit of a backseat for awhile (his body deserves it!). He's already talking about a 50K race (31miles) for next summer though...whoa!
This is the kind of extracurricular activity I spend many of my days participating in...wrestling small children. It might look easy, but it's almost as hard as running a marathon...kind of. :)
Apparently I didn't take a picture of Ben this past week...sorry buddy! So, here's Nattie in all her glory. She is a full-blown crawler now and is pulling up to/walking around everything. It's almost like overnight she figured the whole mobility thing out. I really wish she would take a break from teething for awhile though. She's chewing our whole house...shoes, furniture, magazines...it's like having a puppy. :)
Finally, a little video clip of Nattie from this weekend. I've only posted one video of her ever, so I thought it was time for another. She's such a happy-go-lucky little thing. :)

7 comments:

nana kim said...

No week is ordinary with two small children and working a job outside the home. Cutest family ever! I love you all.

Abby said...

Love love love the video! I can't believe how much she's changed since I saw her...Calvin is almost as old as she was then. Crazy! She is a sweet girl, and Benny is a sweet boy. Love them, and love you!

Ben and Erin said...

She is so bouncy and energetic. So sweet! I love her big bow headband too. She is a doll. I am with you in the boring everyday posts, but like you, I love the boring everyday life of being a mom and hanging out with your kids. :) Also, we have no teeth yet, but Landon is the same way as far as everything in his mouth and drool everywhere!

Adam, Jenny, Emma, and Audrey said...

Ordinary weeks are the best. Keep posting the Nattie videos, Emma REALLY likes them! (I do too!)

Diane said...

Cannot wait til Christmas to see her-loved the video to see what (who) we are missing! What a cutie pie!

the deKorne family said...

i can't get past the running. except to say how cute that video is!!!

Dave, Ninny and Isla said...

Holy marathon runner! Your kiddos are so cute. Natalie has the most stunning eyes and is getting to be such a big girl. I wish Isla could sit up in a highchair like that.