Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year!

My family has been here from Missouri since New Year's Eve. We celebrated Christmas and the New Year and watched a lot of football and basketball (ok...I didn't really...but the guys sure did!). I hadn't seen my brothers, sister in law, or neice, Emma, since July, so it was fun to have them here. Emma is such a cutie and it was fun to get to watch her for the last four days. I promise, after this post, to be more reasonable in the number of photos I post(maybe...).

As good as it gets when you're dealing with a 3 1/2 year old and a 9 mth old. This picture makes me laugh.
Opening presents....Isn't Emma a cute little elf?
Grammy told Ben about 3,000 stories while she was here. I'm grateful for that, since I got a break! My brain can only be so creative! Oh..and Ben is only in the high chair because there was nowhere else to sit during dinner. Daddy, Pops and Eric were harrassing him with sweet potatoes...weirdos!?
Isn't she adorable? I love the giant flower headband on her. She has the prettiest eyes. Oh..and that's my little man in the clothes hamper with a bunch of stuffed animals. Goofy...but cute!

10 comments:

the deKorne family said...

adorable! so glad you got to be with emma...she is lucky to have such a wonderful aunt! i feel like you love everyone else's babies almost as much as your own. you are so wonderful! fun to see your family! keep posting pictures-no apologies :) love you!

Anonymous said...

So glad to see all the photos-made my day. I'm sure you're enjoying the time with the fam. We hardly got to see Emma the 27th-what a cutie pie! the Happiest of New Years to you, too!

Katie said...

Don't ever apologize for all the pictures, I love looking at them! You always seem to capture everybody's character so well. Yours posts never fail to make me laugh! Emma is so cute. I think she's a good combo of her parents, judging by the pictures at least. I loved reading your mom's Christmas letter at my parents' house and seeing all of her pictures, too. Glad you enjoyed some time with the fam before you gear up for an exciting 2009 with your new addition!! Keep us posted!

Abby said...

I love all the pictures! Glad you had fun with your family. Can't wait for pictures of Ben hugging Natalie...not too much longer! Love you.

Ben and Erin said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I'm sure you are glad to have your family there. Your niece is really cute too. :)

MP said...

I love all the pictures!! I love the picture of Ben holding Emma. She is so cute in her little elf outfit. It looks like you guys had loads of fuN!!

Carrie said...

Looks like such a fun time with family! So glad they were able to come stay with you! Hope all is well!

ZFam said...

You can't ever post enough pictures! They are all so fun! Looks like a great time with the family. I love how you captured the little memories...the story-telling, the laundry basket, and Ben trying to hold Emma...very awkwardly!=) So CUTE!

Jim, Abby, Jacob, and Bryce Stewart said...

Hey guys - Happy New Year! Nice to be around family. Emma and Ben were looking good. We'll have to send you my dad's 3rd book "Henry Hane What a Pain" - it is about dealing with bullies. Then maybe Ben would know how to deal with the sweet potatoe bandits... haha. Take care-

the cunningham family said...

It looks like everyone had a lot of fun. Emma is adorable! Glad they got to come and celebrate Christmas (and the New Year) with you and your family!