Sunday, January 25, 2009

No news...

...no baby...yet. I know my lack of posting this past week and a half has led some of you to believe that Natalie has arrived...but, she's decided to stay put for awhile longer apparently. My babies never seem to be in a big hurry to come out. I'm trying to be patient. :) As of my appointment on Thursday....no dilation, fluid level still good, stress test perfect, ultrasound showed a healthy, active baby! She's just fine and dandy hanging out in there for awhile longer. I'm still doing the whole "resting" thing...it's thrilling laying on your left hand side for hours a day...let me tell you! :)

If all goes as I dream it will, I will go into labor on my own sometime in the next six days and she will be perfect and healthy. If God has other plans that involve an induction or c-section...well, I'll go with that too, again, just as long as she is healthy. Do I really have a choice though? Selfishly, I'd like to experience what it's like to just "go into labor" on my own, but I know that's not always how it works. I was induced with Ben and laid in a hospital bed for probably 17 hours before I was even dilated to 2cm. I just kept asking the nurse "So, when am I going to be in pain?" Obviously, he eventually arrived (at hour 23)....and was perfect (at least to me!) and it didn't matter how he got here or how long it took. I know that will be the same story for Natalie...at least that is my prayer.

All that being said...I just can't wait to meet her. Have I said that already? I feel like I've been ready...inside my own head and body, as well as at home...for quite awhile. The baby toys are all clean and set out (like a newborn really plays with toys...but I felt this urgent need to have this DONE for some reason?!), Ben's carseat and stroller have been cleaned and put back together, her closet is full of cute baby girl clothes, diapers and wipes are ready to go, I have my pj's for the hospital...all the paperwork is filled out....etc. Ok, Natalie...we are ready! :)

I just feel like I learn the patience lesson over and over. God's plan and timing are better than my own. When will I really GET that? So, for now, here is a picture of my little man...who's about to look not so little...gosh, I love him. I'm looking forward to instantly knowing what it's like to feel that love for two precious babies! Ahh...can't wait! :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you really post this a 1 o'clock in the morning, if so you are ready for those middle of the night feedings. you don't even know how old ben will feel till it happens but brace yourself, it is sad and exciting at the same time. keeping you all in my prayers. love ya

MP said...

interesting that you posted about God's timing. that is what our sermon in church was about today. it is so true! But, I must say that I think that God allows us to be a little impatient when you are about to meet a perfect little angel!! :)

Anonymous said...

Awww...I love him, too and can't wait to fall in love with little Miss Natalie!! We'll be praying all week!

Anonymous said...

Isn't that child the most beautiful ever? His eyes, nose, mouth! I can't wait to meet Natalie either. We are praying for her to come this week, too.

Katie said...

He has the most beautiful eyelashes! Is he dreaming sweet dreams of his baby sister in that picture? ;o) When I didn't see any posts I have to admit I thought maybe Miss Natalie had made her arrival. I'll be praying for a safe delivery and healthy baby girl and Mommy. And waiting for lots of pictures!!!!

Lesley said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! Wishing you the best with your second and that you are doing okay with all of your "resting". Praying for a healthy delivery!

Lesley (Heidi's friend)

Ben and Erin said...

I was thankful for the update, Ali. Glad you are doing well and Natalie is happy and healthy too. :) I was induced with Clare and dilated to 6 after 30 hours and ended up with a c-section, but Clare was also a 9lbs. 6 oz. baby, so I was okay with that in the end. I know what you mean though, it'd be so nice to have everything go on it's own...I'm sure it will. God has the best plan for you. :) I'm praying for you in the next few days. Looking forward to more updates and Natalie's arrival. :)

Jim, Abby, Jacob, and Bryce Stewart said...

You're right, God's timing and plan will be perfect. I know it's hard to be patient. I practically pulled Jacob out myself I was so anxious. Abby and her sisters have been blessed with fast deliveries. They were about to send us home to wait it out when they checked her one more time and found out she had dialated 4 cm in 1 hour. We'll be praying for you and Natalie though. Ben is going to be a great big brother. The best part of having kids is discovering how much you can really love them. It is obvious how much you and Mike love yours. Can't wait to see the baby pics!