Thursday, January 15, 2009

Getting close...

For the last 10 weeks of my pregnancy I've been going to doctor appointments every Monday and Thursday for non-stress tests and ultrasounds (yes, every single Monday and Thursday...). Needless to say, I have seen a lot of my little girl, well on the screen at least, and I can't wait to meet her in person (it's been fun to hear her heartbeat for at least 45 minutes every week too!).

This has been a really smooth pregnancy and everything is going well, but as of Monday my doctor put me on a "resting" regimen that is almost impossible for me to follow (due to a lower than optimal amniotic fluid level around Natalie). I'm supposed to be laying on my left side, three times a day, for three hours at a time....um, hello, that's nine hours a day!! Wouldn't that be considered bedrest?? He didn't call it that, but it sure feels like that. Well, if you know me, you know that this is very difficult for me to do, especially when I had planned on working up until I went into labor. My boss is graciously allowing me to work from home now and it's a wonderful blessing! I'm so thankful for the flexibility my job has provided, for multiple reasons (a: need the money for the next several weeks (since I'm part-time, I won't be paid while I'm on leave), b: don't have to cut into my maternity leave before Natalie arrives, c: i like my job and have many things yet to wrap up!). I'm just glad that I am able to accomplish both my work and my resting (let's face it though...I don't think I've actually laid on the couch for nine hours in any given day yet...does he know I have a three year old?...but I am definitely taking it much easier than I had been).

Anyway, this is probably much more detail than most of you care to know, but a few have asked, so I thought I'd fill in the masses. As of my appointment today, the fluid level around Natalie had come up a bit and she had gained a whole pound since the last time he'd measured her (7 lbs 11 oz...that's already bigger than Ben was when he was born!). I am glad the resting is working and keeping her safe inside for a bit longer. When the time is right, she'll make her grand appearance...until then...you'll find me resting....sort of. :)

Here we are...at almost 38 weeks....


15 comments:

Molly Wilkey said...

You look gorgeous! Can't wait to see Natalie. I will be praying that these last couple weeks are smooth sailing. Love you!

MP said...

that definitely sounds like bedrest to me. But, glad that she gained a pound. that is alot!! hopefully these last two (if that) go quickly so you can see meet her soon! Thanks for the update :)

Anonymous said...

You are a beautiful lady

Abby said...

Cute shirt! Now go lay down. :) Love you.

the cunningham family said...

You look awesome! I, too, think that is called bed rest! Can't wait to hear the news of Natalie's arrival. Glad she is doing so well and you are hanging in there. BTW...that was Erin Berry in the pics. And, yes, her dad does still live across the street from your old house! :) Now go lay down... :)

Ben and Erin said...

You are the cutest pregnant girl! Anyway, I am a high risk pregnancy so I know all about these things....glad your pregnancy has been good and I'll be praying for you in the next couple of weeks. I can't wait to see pictures of little Natalie! :)

Katie said...

Thanks for the update! I had been wondering how things were going and when Natalie was projected to arrive. You are adorable pregnant! Holden was born at 37 weeks, so you've already beat me. I can't imagine laying down three hours a day, let alone on your left side...definately sounds like bedrest to me! Holden would be swinging from the light fixtures if I had to do that. I'll be praying for a smooth end to your pregnancy and delivery. Can't wait to hear arrival news!!!

Samantha said...

You look so great! I'm glad you can at least get some rest. Her arrival is so close now. Hang in there! :)

ZFam said...

You look fabulous! You're beautiful...simply beautiful!

Can't wait to see the post that Natalie has arrived! I'll be checking daily from here on out=)

Good luck trying to stay down 9 hours a day...I think that would be torture!! But, ahhh...the things we'll do for our babies!=)

Anonymous said...

you need to do what the doctor says because you will be lucky to lay down for nine hours in any given week after natalie louise is born, because you will then be a mother of a newborn and three year old. can't wait for the pics to come. kisses to all.

Katie said...

I'm glad for the good report. And, yes, 9 hours a day sounds like bed rest to me too. Can't wait for you to meet Natalie!

Anonymous said...

only a few weeks to go ali ... how can that be?!? you look adorable! nine hours a day ... that is a lot!

Jeremy and Sheila said...

You look adorable!!

ZFam said...

Okay, now you need to start blogging on a daily basis so I know you're not in labor, heading to the hospital, etc! =)

Jim, Abby, Jacob, and Bryce Stewart said...

Can't wait to see her. We'll be praying for you and Natalie. Enjoy the rest while you can get it. My wife carries the babies the same way as you - straight out. What a wonderful and mysterious thing to experience. Hope this is the week for you guys!