Monday, May 9, 2011

Lots of mamas to love...

We love all our moms and grandmas and great-grandmas! We are so very blessed! I wish I could have celebrated with my own mama too, but we will see her in just a few weeks!


We did a whirlwind grandma tour on Saturday and went to visit each of the old people we love so much. We could not be more thankful for these wonderful, loving, grandmas who watch our babies every week for us.


Even when our purpose in visiting is to love on them and honor them for Mother's Day, they are still finding ways to bless us...Angy made us her AWESOME biscuits and gravy. I think I ate seven biscuits and I'm not joking. Granny made us chicken and dumplings to take home and Mamaw fed my kids lunch! I don't think these three have a selfish bone in their bodies when it comes to our family and kids.




I had high hopes of going to church on Sunday for a good Mother's Day service, but all of my kids has snotty noses and Nattie actually ended up sleeping until 10 am...unheard of! She was up for two hours or so and then slept for another four! When she finally woke up she seemed much happier and had a fun evening with the rest of us.


Nattie and her buddy Kailin :)


Nana and Papa stopped by on Sunday evening and we got to eat ice cream and give Nana her gift. My kids go nuts when Nana and Papa come over...it's like they turn into crazier versions of themselves. I think Nana and Papa should take that as a compliment. :)


Finally, just a few of my littles...love those smiles.


There is nothing in this whole world that I love more than being a mom. I feel so blessed to have these three little people in my life to love on. I pray I am a mom who honors God in my actions and words.

6 comments:

Katie said...

What a blessing y'all got to see all the grandmas. I'm hungry just thinking about biscuits and gravy and chicken and dumplings. Oh my.

the deKorne family said...

there is no one in this world that is a BETTER mom! you are so wonderful! i love that you eat 7 biscuits even though i hate that you are that size when you do things like eat 7 biscuits. :) I LOVE YOU!

Katie said...

Happy belated Mother's Day! How wonderful to have so many loving women in your lives. I also love the post before this. The goofy family picture made me laugh out loud. Andy and his teeth are too cute for words. And I think Holden and Ben are A LOT alike..picky eaters, skinny minnies, sensetive yet goofy, and space cadets! ;)

Nana Kim said...

I am very thankful that the kids don't go to day care and have two great grandmas watch them that truly love them and enjoy their day.

Heather Green said...

I can hardly stand how adorable your kids are. Happy belated Mothers' Day! :)

Abby said...

Those photos are so precious. You do have so many mamas to love! Glad you had a special mother's day with your sweeties, snot and all. And Nattie in those wings = SO CUTE. Love you, love you!