Friday, May 6, 2011

La La Land and other random stuff...

I really love this kid. He is such a good boy. If I have any complaint about him it's that he spends a good chunk of each day in "la la land" and doesn't pay attention to what's going on around him (at least it would seem that way?!)...like when he's focused on something and someone asks him a question and it's like he can't even hear them or the fact that he spills his cup of water at almost EVERY SINGLE meal we sit down to as a family because he is just not paying attention or that he'll just be walking along and all of a sudden I'll hear a thud followed by a yelp and an... "OW! I just crashed into the wall on accident!" What the what? See...he's in la la land!



BUT...I'll take the occasional "la la land" behavior if I can keep the rest of him! At almost six years old (less than a month away now!)...


he is very helpful - in fact he LOVES to help me with any and every task around the house, which is awesome! he'll empty the dishwasher, help me sort toys, collect the trash, etc. he loves helping me organize or sort anything!


he has a very tender heart- he will randomly tell us that he loves us and it is the best feeling in the world


he is a people pleaser and is very sensitive when he thinks he's done something to upset you or make you mad


he loves Jesus (and has already asked him into his heart!) and often prays about different things without prompting from us - usually he is praying for the healing of some injury he's caused himself during time spent in "la la land"


he is friendly and loves being a leader on the playground or at school


he still LOVES all of his toys and plays with different ones daily


he is a lover of movies - even those that are way beyond his years...like Pirates of the Carribean, Lord of the Rings, John Wayne, Dukes of Hazzard, and Ghost Busters


he's smart - he loves school and to learn and amazes us with the random knowledge he's already stored away in his five-year-old brain


he's really funny and oh so cute



I can't say that this picture is in any way, shape, or form attractive of me (or the rest of my fam), but it gave me a good laugh. I was attempting to take a silly self-portrait of us and cut off a few family members in the process...all you can see are a few curls on the top of Nat's head in the bottom left and I like Benny's face and Andy is sporting his favorite pose...thumb in mouth...and Mike and I just look weird.



I liked these pictures because they showcase the lovely array of random teeth Andy is sporting these days...plus I can't get enough of his face. :)



Nothing like a little wagon ride at 6:30 pm in your pajamas...I'm sure our neighbors think we're real classy. I did decide it would be a good idea to put on real pants...but I was half tempted to wear my flannel, plaid, holey pj pants out with a hooded sweatshirt. I know some of you won't be surprised by this (If it would help me be chosen for the show "What Not To Wear"...I would TOTALLY do it! It's always been a dream of mine to go on that show. Anyone else??! I think I could suffer through the embarrassment for the $5000 and the chance for Stacey and Clinton to make me over! I digress.).


4 comments:

Grammy said...

I LOVE my little "la-la land" boy! I LOVE his sensitive heart, amazing brain, and everything about him! Can't wait to celebrate his sixth birthday with him. Oh, and I love those new teeth on Andy, too!

Carrie said...

oh my ... i would love to go on "what not to wear" too!! i just always think they don't get many clothes with their allowance, but maybe it is bc they shop at all the boutiques instead of kohls and tjmaxx!

Nana Kim said...

He is such a sweet little guy and has a wonderful tender heart. I would not change a thing about him.

Abby said...

I just don't understand when Ben got so grown-up looking. It's freaking me out. We're not old, so how is he??

Love you, love your precious ones.