Sunday, February 21, 2010

Happy stuff...

Meet Baby Moser #3 (see below)! He or she is set to arrive at the end of August and we are VERY excited. This little one was a big ol' surprise, but a big blessing, as well! I am 13 weeks along and feeling good (other than being at the point where I've put on a little weight and people aren't sure whether to ask if I'm expecting or just chubby!). Nattie will be 19 months when this baby arrives and I'm not sure what it will be like to have two babies so close in age. I think I'm spoiled now with having Ben be pretty self-sufficient. I could nurse Nattie or rock her to sleep without worrying about him getting into trouble. It will be a whole new ballgame, come August, but we are thrilled to have another! :)

I'm already having moments of feeling sad that she will only be the baby of our family for six more months. I am going to just snuggle and soak her up as much as I can for now!
This picture makes me smile. Same head...same ears. :) Oh..and I like the way her hand is up on his cheek too.

Finally, a bit about my my favorite little man. Last night something pretty special happened at our house. I was tucking Ben into bed and I said a prayer with him, like I always do. When I finished, he said "Mom, I want to say a prayer and ask Jesus to come live in my heart." I was so surprised that he was asking me this already. He isn't even five-years-old yet, and I know he doesn't fully understand all that it means to ask Jesus into your heart, but I certainly couldn't deny him! We talked for awhile about what it means to be a sinner and about Jesus dying on the cross for us and what it would be like to live in Heaven some day, etc. We also talked about trusting in God and relying on Him to meet our needs. He has a pretty good understanding of a lot of the important basics and I was really impressed that he initiated all of this on his own.

This morning, on our way to church, he said, "I want to tell my Sunday school teachers that I asked Jesus into my heart. They will think that is so cool." So, he was even thinking about it this morning...which makes me happy! Obviously, he has a lot of learning and growing to do, but it is pretty neat to know that his heart is already seeking a relationship with Jesus! What a special little guy he is to us!

21 comments:

MP said...

YAY!! So exciting. Congratulations!! That is big news :):) I love Ben's shirt in the last photo..cade has the same one!! :)

Anonymous said...

i love you, ben, you are an awesome little guy. i can't think of a nicer place for jesus to live than inside your great big heart.

Carrie said...

congrats again on baby #3! so excited for you guys. and awesome about ben asking jesus into his heart. so special!!

The Samsons said...

Wow! Congrats on baby #3! That really is so exciting that Ben asked Jesus into his heart. I can't wait for mine to do that :):)

Grammy said...

So much exciting news, Ali!! A new baby and a new heart in little Ben...the most important decision he'll ever make in his life!! As he grows up in body, may God bless that seeking heart with loads of understanding. Grammy loves you, Ben!

Katie said...

Such great news! How exciting. I loved going from 2-3. It was my easiest transition. :) Congratulations.

the deKorne family said...

Hooray for babies close in age. :) AWESOME about Ben! Can't believe you didn't tell us that! You are such a good mama and dad-that's why! Hilarious pic of the back of heads. :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new baby! So exciting! I have been MIA for a long time, (so long I forgot my password!) but hope to get back to blogging before our #3 arrives. Only 12 more weeks to go! Time is flying! Congrats again, that is awesome news!

Anonymous said...

So, you probably don't even know who anonymous is on the last comment - without my name - It is Annie! :)

Nana Kim said...

Benny, An answer to our prayers for you to have Jesus in your heart. We are thrilled to have another grandbaby too!

The Thebeaus said...

Congrats on the newest addition!! That is so great about Ben, as well. I look forward to that day with mine very much!!

Abby said...

Oh my goodness, this is the happiest post ever! So thrilled about Ben...praying he will only grow in his love for/excitement about having Jesus in his heart! And YAY for baby #3! Love you guys.

Abby said...

Ali--oh my gosh!! Two AMAZING things! Congratulations on Baby #3 and on my new "brother" Ben :) I'm so thrilled for you guys!

Courtney said...

first of all, congratulations on your little surprise miracle :)and how great that Ben wanted to ask Jesus into his heart...welcome to the cool club, big man ;)

Anonymous said...

Mom called and told me I had to take a look at the blog....AWESOME!! I couldn't be more pumped! Ben loves Jesus!!! And not only that, he had to let it be known and go boast about Jesus! Wow, lesson to self. Guys, that's absolutely awesome!
-Uncle Brad
...oh yeah, judging by the picture, I'd say it's a boy :)

The Tomsik's said...

Congratulations! Your life will change yet again but nothing the Moser Family can't handle! Looks like Nattie's hair is turning brown now. She is getting so big and Ben is turning out to be a great Mr. Mom :) So happy for you guys!

Ben and Erin said...

Congrats! What exciting and wonderful news! Also, awesome story about Ben. What a wonderful day for you and him. :) Nothing is more important. Again, congrats!

ZFam said...

Wow! and Wow! Such big news all in one post! Congrats to both Ben...and to all of you for baby #3 on his/her way! HOW FUN!

Katie said...

Hi Ali,
Wow, two very special and exciting pieces of news!! I have been behind at blogging and both Annie and my Mom told me I needed to check out your post! :) So very happy for you with your little surprise baby. I know he/she will be so loved. And what awesome news about Ben!! I can't wait until Holden reaches that point. So happy for your happy stuff.:)

Katie said...

PS Laughed out loud at the adorable head shots! So cute and funny!

Ashley said...

Wow, congratulations on your little one on the way!! You will figure out how to manage things as they come... what a blessing! And Ben... so precious. That is the day I pray towards with our kids! Blessings to you guys.