Sunday, January 31, 2010

My little lady bug turns one!

We celebrated Nattie's 1st birthday on Saturday at our house with mostly family and a few good friends. It was a lady bug theme and it was so much fun making girly cakes (much easier than a monster truck or Scooby Doo...I can tell you that much!). It was a fun afternoon of eating Mexican food, opening presents, and eating cake. I am just so in love with my little lady. She makes me smile.

Nattie received some very nice gifts...lots of cute clothes, a few toys, and some money to put away for later. My mom and dad gave her a hand-painted, wooden cradle that I got when I was one-year-old. The cradle has my name painted on the side and my mom had Natalie's name and birth date painted, as well. It's so fun to have some girly stuff in the house!
Some of the party people...I don't really know how the great-grandparents managed to escape this photo opp?! The ladybug party hats are so flattering (especially on the men)...don't you think?
Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday dear Nattie...Happy Birthday to you!
She LOVED the cake. She ate a whole lot. I think this explains why she was wide awake until 11 pm...sugar high!
"It's my party and I'll cry if I want to..." All good things must come to an end, right? It really was a fun day...and this year has been extra special because she's a part of our family!

12 comments:

Abby said...

Happy birthday, sweet Nattie! She's such a cute little ladybug. :) Your cake turned out awesome!

beth said...

ali, you make such cute cakes, i am impressed, especially since i have to pay someone to make mine all the time. wish we could of celebrated with you all. miss you.

Grammy said...

Love your pictures, Ali! It was a happy, fun day for little Natalie! I'm glad she came into the world a year ago! Can't wait to see what she grows up to be! We miss you guys already! Hugs and kisses to Ben and Natalie from Grammy!

the deKorne family said...

I'm seriously impressed at your cake making. Do you watch Cake Boss? You should. Happy Birthday beautiful, extremely prayed for Natalie! What a long awaited blessing she is. So worth it! She looks beautiful and so glad you had such a special day. :)

Katie said...

Happy birthday Nattie. Lovely ladybug cake.

Nana Kim said...

Precious little girl. I'm so glad you are here. You fill our lives with much happiness!! I cannot believe you are one year old!! Nana loves you. Ali, you do a great job on the cakes. they are not only pretty, they are yummy too.

Katie said...

Looks like a great party for Miss Natalie! I love her bright outfit and the ladybug theme. Your cakes are beautiful! Glad she had a good day. (Also love the crying balloons picture. Such a toddler moment!)

Ben and Erin said...

Aww...happy birthday sweet Natalie. Looks like a great party and I love the lady bug theme. Some things are just so much more fun with girls. :) I have some special things from when I was little that have been passed down to Clare. Just another special things about little girls. :) Great family pic of you four too. On another note...I was wondering where you were in the blog world. I'm glad you are back and hope you are feeling a little less stressed and busy too. Great to see all the new pictures and updates of your cute kiddos! :)

Carrie said...

the cake turned out wonderful! looks like a great time!

Abby said...

So cute!! Happy birthday, Nattie! I love that you mom gave her your old doll crib--what a special gift.

ZFam said...

NO WAY!!! I feel like she was born yesterday!

But, she's such a doll and it looked like it was a perfect day!!

Courtney said...

you guys are so mean with the balloons...but seriously hilarious! happy birthday, natalie :)