Thursday, September 17, 2009

Just another day...

A teething Nattie = lots of drool, soggy toys, and tears. She has two in on the bottom now.
Nattie wants to eat everything we're eating. Mike made pancakes tonight and she kept pulling his pancake to her face...trying to sneak a bite. She can't quite figure out how to swallow something chunky yet. She sucks on a bite for a minute and spits it out. I'm just glad to finally have a child who's interested in food!
She can feed herself her bottle now and stand at the ottoman all by herself...don't be decieved, however, she STILL does not roll over or attempt to crawl. She'll stand there (bottom left pic) when I put her there...but she could never get there on her own. She is an expert sitter though. :) People keep telling me she's fine and she'll move eventually....I hope! I guess I should be thankful that I don't have to chase her anywhere and that 99.9% of the time I find her exactly where I left her last (not that I'm leaving her a lot...you know what I mean!). :)
Last, but not least, a Benny story...tonight before bed we were cleaning up his toys together in the basement and he found Wonderwoman with some of his other super hero toys. He brought her over to me and asked if he could sleep with her tonight (he ALWAYS sleeps with some type of toy...car, stuffed animal, etc). Anyway, I said, "Why do you want to sleep with Wonderwoman?" He said, "Because I like her and she's flexible. See..." and then he proceeded to show me how flexible she was. Mike tried to convince him to sleep with a more "manly" toy...but her insisted on Wonderwoman. She took a bath with him too....don't worry...I told her not to look. :)

5 comments:

the deKorne family said...

sleeping with flexible girls. huh. nattie is so cute. and totally fine even motionless :)...i love the picture of ben smiling in the background. way to go getting her to eat! yippee! beautiful kiddos. and you. i love you!

Abby said...

I want to eat dinner at your house — Nate will never do breakfast for dinner and I love it! I laughed out loud at the flexible reference, too. Oh boy...

They are both adorable!

beth said...

ali, you never disappoint. kisses to the kiddos. miss you all.

Anonymous said...

love the ben story! maggie has no teeth and doesn't crawl, so she is certainly behind natalie!

Katie said...

Uh oh...already wanting to sleep with flexible girls! Too funny! I love a good Ben story. Natalie is so sweet. Seems like yesterday she was born. She'll be mobile before you know it so just try to enjoy her babyhood a little longer. Hope her poor mouth feels better!