Monday, January 23, 2012

Goodbye two-year-old. Hello Kitty.

We celebrated Nat's 3rd birthday this past Saturday (her real birthday isn't until the 28th). She LOVED every minute of her special day! She loves Hello Kitty and wanted to wear every piece of Hello Kitty clothing she could find (sweater, necklace, bow, slippers, and even undies!).
Before I had kids, I thought I wanted all boys, but boy did she change all of that. She is sometimes a handful (ok, a lot of times), but I ADORE this girl. I love my boys with everything in me, but she is just special. A spunky, wild, crazy, dramatic, silly, funny, sweet, special little girl.
She's been talking about her Hello Kitty party for at least six months. When I say talking, I mean literally bringing it up at least once a day. She was SO excited about every little detail.
She ate a whole plate of food, four giant chocolate covered strawberries, a piece of cake with ice cream and AT LEAST four cake pops. I was getting physically ill watching her go back for more. She kinda likes sugar. :)

I love these pictures. This was the best part of the whole day. We were singing happy birthday to her and she was so happy. She was looking around the room at everyone and giggling and smiling. She was just soaking up every minute of getting the full attention of so many people that love her. She is definitely a middle child...craves attention. I just keep looking at her face and smiling.
Presents! (Notice all the Hello Kitty accessories!)
Some of the party peeps...although I failed to get pictures of some.
I love you, Natalie Alison! Happy 3rd Birthday!

11 comments:

Grammy said...

Yay!!! A new post and a cute one for sure. Love that spunky little thing!! Happy Birthday, Sweetie Pie!

Abby said...

This totally made my middle of the night. Happy birthday, Natttie! We love you, spunky girl!

Karrie said...

Hooray for Nattie and Hooray for a blog post :). Happy Birthday, Natalie!!

the deKorne family said...

hooray! love seeing a post! happy birthday (almost) to your sweet girl. so glad to see her party!

Diane said...

Finally!! Was so glad to see a new post-and then it was a real upper. Nattie is such a trip-what a delight. Sophie turned 3 Saturday-she chose Strawberry Shortcake with the same enthusiasm, It's funny how you Moms liked the same thing-and it's all back again. Happy Birthday, dear sweet Nattie!

Katie said...

Happy birthday Nattie! And welcome back to blogging Ali! That little girl is precious. Those cake pictures are adorable. :) SHe's so expressive.

Carrie said...

love the pictures! looks like quite a party! :) mags is into hello kitty too ... except when she says it, it kinda sounds like hello titty ... needy to work on that!

Matt and Abby said...

Welcome back! What a fun birthday party and Natalie looks soooo old!!! She has certainly changed since your last post in July:)

Katie said...

What a great post for your "comeback!" :) So happy to see a new one! The pictures of her smiling while being sang to are priceless! She is such a cutie pie. I am always so impressed with your cakes. And the cake pops! My mouth was watering!

Beth said...

I hope this means we will see more posts, have missed them was checking daily for months. Give Nat big hugs and kisses from us tomorrow on her birthday.

Courtney said...

what an amazing job you did putting that all together for Natalie...she looked like she was on cloud 9 :) so many cute pix...what a fun birthday to have documented! great work, Ali :)